Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

First trailblazer, here in Wisconsin!

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Wobigpat000 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 am

Just bought my first trailblazer, it's an 04 Lt 4wd with 188k. Bought it off the original owner, but he didn't maintain it like it should have been. I've already done plugs, oil change, TC fluid change, and cleaned the throttle body. Still have to replace the rear brakes, upper ball joints, outer tie rod ends, a few interior pieces like speakers and door panels, and swap out the rest of the fluids with new. The two major problems with it is the 4wd doesn't engage properly, and no airflow from the floor vents. I've done some tinkering around and believe it to be the 4wd disconnect, and the mode door actuator that needs to be replaced. Other than that it's a very good running truck. And I love the two tone red and silver, along with the heated leather and sunroof. It's perfect for my family and I to take camping. Still plenty of room in the back for the dog too.
So as soon as I get all this maintience done, then it's time to upgrade. I have been looking at the lift Meister suspension lift, posted with a set of wheel spacers. My only issue is wheel and tire combos. The previous owner put some very nice aggressive Kelly all terrains on the front but the rear still has hwy tires. I want to upgrade wheels but apparently our bolt pattern is rare. So maybe wheel adapters to change the bolt pattern to 6x5.5 would be best. If also like to keep those Kelly at and just get a matching set for the rear. But those are the stock tire size. Wouldn't it look goofy with stock tire size with the lift? I need opinions thanks. Sorry for the long intro!
Attachments
Screenshot_20170226-190753.png
Wobigpat000

Name: Patrick wobig
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"