Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Newbie from northern indiana

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by jctracker17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello,
I've been on the site for a while but life caught up around the same time I registered so I haven't been able to use it much.
I have a 04' TB LS 4.2L w/ 3.73 gear ratio
Only a few mods so far:
2" Rough country leveling kit
Bilstein HD shocks and struts
Firestone Destination AT's 265 70 r16

I definitely plan on more but money is the main issue. I have to balance spending money on my obsession with fishing or the truck. So I have to weasel money away to justify it with the wife, as well as make it look good because she doesn't like it looking "like we can't afford to fix it". I'm just trying to stay out of trouble as much as possible since I'm so good at getting into it. I have a buddy that can help me weld but getting ahold of the metal is the main issue with fab work.
Currently in the works,
Roof basket along with roof lights
Rear spare tire carrier
Front bumper with light bar

Will hopefully get a current pic up soon.
Thanks to everyone who posts on here. It is a great resource and has been very helpful!!
jctracker17

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by rScherzer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:12 pm

Welcome to the forum! You could justify 4.10 gears. It will help you pull a new bass boat! Maybe a tune to the PCM that makes them run so much better.
rScherzer
Off-Roader

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by jctracker17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:41 pm

I've thought of the pcm tune, especially because I've noticed some sluggishness starting at times. And yes I do a lot of towing a boat so that would help.
jctracker17

by rScherzer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:09 pm

GM really like to use torque management, almost to the point where it takes the fun out of driving. The tune I got was a eye opener. I didnt even have them push it all the way. I wanted to run cheep gas and be able to tow a lot with out burning up the engine.
rScherzer
Off-Roader

by jctracker17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:58 pm

I've seen a few pcm tune options. Wut is ur recommendation? And wut is the procedure? I think I looked at pcm for less, and it looked like a good option. I'm OK with automotive terminology, but a lot of the thints they were asking were way over my head.
jctracker17

by rScherzer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:45 pm

I went with PCM of NC most the questions I left blank. The main stuff you need to know is if your using or going to be using a cold air intake. Towing, Type of fuel 87 / or 91/3 premium and elevation the vehicle will normally be operated at. I also had him set the transmission shift firmness to (2) their scale. I also talked to them on the phone to make sure I was getting what I wanted. They took a little bit of the torque management out of the computer so throttle response is a bit snappier. They didnt recommend taking it all the way out as it my damage the trans or other drive terrain parts when towing. They modify the shift tables also. I also had a few other things changed. I have a 02 and want 4.10 so I flashed the ECM to a TB vin that had the calibrations of 4.10 then had the tuner guy force my vin in over top. That way it looks correct and passes smog. Now all I need to do is put my 4.10 gears in.
rScherzer
Off-Roader

by jctracker17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Sounds great, thanks for the advice. I'm gunna look into that for sure. If nothing else to make towing easier and more fuel efficient.
jctracker17

by bartonmd » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Hey, welcome. I'm down in Indy. If you don't want my you-weld bumper and skidplate kits, I can get you metal.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007

by jctracker17 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks, I'll have to look at your options because they do look pretty sick! And you are only a few hours south of me.
jctracker17

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"