Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New member with a used 04' TB

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by p40whk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:23 am

Hi all,

Found this forum doing searches for TB mods and am hoping to get educated on what my new vehicle is capable of. I found a used 04' with only 110K miles on it for a great price and looking to make it my travel vehicle for when I take trips out west (I live in KY). We do a lot of hiking and Southern Utah is my favorite spot to play with a ton of places only accessible to 4WD vehicles.

Right now looking at roof top tents but having trouble determining what rack system I need to replace the OEM stuff with to give me the support I need.

Looking forward to fixing this thing up and making a comfortable vehicle out of it.
p40whk

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by TBYODA » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:01 am

p40whk wrote:Right now looking at roof top tents but having trouble determining what rack system I need to replace the OEM stuff with to give me the support I need.

Welcome, IIRC a few have used Superstrut sold at the local hardware stores. They Removed totally the stock rack. Check out Roadie, DirtyBacon and TrailX Builds.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by p40whk » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:13 am

Thanks TBYODA,

Hadn't considered removing the stock rails so that gives me more options. I'll check out their builds.
p40whk

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"