Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

building a offroad toy

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by dbouzas » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:05 pm

New to the form, but I'm gonna build a back yard toy, I bought my friends rolled over tb for 500 bucks runs and drives good just crunched up, ran it threw the trails once and figured what I needed for the start, a decent skid plate, a small lift and some meat on the tires. gonna install all that, I even bought wheel spacers incase the new tires rub the uppers. only problem is I lost the only key. are these things hotwireable or am I going to run into a headache with the transponder and theft system. I have around 1500 in everything, and I hate to drop another 200-300 just to get a fricken key made up for it.
Attachments
tb9.jpg
tb1.jpg
tb2.jpg
tb4.jpg
tb3.jpg
tb5.jpg
tb6.jpg
tb7.jpg
dbouzas

Name: dion
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am

Looks like a fun beater and some good parts.

I have no idea about the key, but seems you could pull shit from a junkyard and make it happen if needed.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HawkeyeC25 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Welcome to the EXT club!!! Looks like a good start!

For the key, just bring the registration into a GM dealership with the VIN and they can make you a key. I think 07-09 have the transponder in the key (expensive), but prior to that they don't (like $10). Either way, the dealership can help you out with getting new keys based on the VIN.
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by navigator » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:33 am

One of the coaches on my son's ball team is a locksmith. He said he can make keys for pretty much all cars. You might call your dealer and get a quote and then some of your local locksmiths, they might do it cheaper. For your toy though, it sounds like you might not have a title/registration which could complicate things.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by ErikSS » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 pm

The radiators are very exposed on these. You may consider some options for that. MDB Fabrication sells them as kits as well as welded. You can make your own... Don't get left on a trail without coolant!
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"