Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New to site, long time owner

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by PROSPHOTO » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Hello everyone. I've had my 06 Trailblazer since July, 2006, was a very active member on TrailVoy.com up until I started my current job and had a couple kids; some guys here may remember me from a long time ago.

Anyway, since my alignment was way out this year, I decided it was a good time to finally lift it and start taking it out onto the beach. I went with the BDS kit plus Fox shock upgrade, but messed up by not changing out the front struts. I originally didn't notice the downside of the OEM struts, but once I changed out my tires to a more aggressive 32" tire, it became apparent.

I've had Fred's spacers on for almost 5 years and have been running 265/65R17 Silent Armor's on the factory wheels, but decided to change it all out after a car wash ruined them by not thoroughly rinsing their wheel cleaner leaving trails of destroyed clear coat on each wheel.

Changed out to MB TKO wheels (waiting on the center caps) with Wrangler Duratrac 255/75R17's, which required a little trimming. It more feels like a truck when driving and that's when I realized I should have upgraded the struts; the tires hit the top of the wheel well/fender at max flex... I discovered this cruising over an intersection a little above the speed limit :facepalm:

My next big upgrade will probably be the struts and rear Z71 springs, followed by a rear multicarrier bumper with a tire arm for a full size spare.

Hopefully I can make enough time to get involved around here; I've already read through a hand full of threads given the renewed interest in my truck.
Attachments
0408161455c.jpg
0408161456.jpg
Last edited by PROSPHOTO on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike
PROSPHOTO

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Jrgunn5150 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Welcome, nice truck!
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.

by tsmith1156 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:51 pm

PROSPHOTO wrote:Hello everyone. I've had my 06 Trailblazer since July, 2006, was a very active member on TrailVoy.com up until I started my current job and had a couple kids; some guys here may remember me from a long time ago.

Anyway, since my alignment was way out this year, I decided it was a good time to finally lift it and start taking it out onto the beach. I went with the BDS kit plus Fox shock upgrade, but messed up by not changing out the front struts. I originally didn't notice the downside of the OEM struts, but once I changed out my tires to a more aggressive 32" tire, it became apparent.

I've had Fred's spacers on for almost 5 years and have been running 265/65R17 Silent Armor's on the factory wheels, but decided to change it all out after a car wash ruined them by not thoroughly rinsing their wheel cleaner leaving trails of destroyed clear coat on each wheel.

Changed out to MB TKO wheels (waiting on the center caps) with Wrangler Duratrac 255/75R17's, which required a little trimming. It more feels like a truck when driving and that's when I realized I should have upgraded the struts; the tires hit the top of the wheel well/fender at max flex... I discovered this cruising over an intersection a little above the speed limit :facepalm:

My next big upgrade will probably be the struts and rear Z71 springs, followed by a rear multicarrier bumper with a tire arm for a full size spare.

Hopefully I can make enough time to get involved around here; I've already read through a hand full of threads given the renewed interest in my truck.

Looks good bud!
tsmith1156
Off-Roader

Name: Tyler Smith
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Cable810 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am

Welcome!!
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by PROSPHOTO » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks guys.
-Mike
PROSPHOTO

Name: Michael

by HawkeyeC25 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Sharp looking rig! I like the black on Blue!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"