Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

ready to hit the dirt!!

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by BLAZER86 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:49 pm

what's up guys? i have a 2007 trailblazer and i'm finally ready to do my lift and tires. i've been doing alot of reading on the site, and i wanna get a good starting point. so whatever help i can get i'll take it lol. :flex dirty:
BLAZER86

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by janesy86 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Welcome brotha! :friday: Check out the build threads to get an idea of what you like... also helps us if you know what your planning on using your rig for.

Can't wait to see your build and where you take it. :flex dirty: Any questions and there are many helpful people here.

Also please use capitalization, just a thing we have going on here, makes it a lil easier to read.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Welcome. Research and build what you need. As said, check out the build threads....copying is considered flattery
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Doratus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:45 am

Welcome! First your going to want to get decent digital camera to take pictures of every step of the process, because no thread is any good without pics!

Then you want to lift the vehicle. I have the 2 inch BDS lift. I've heard of a 2.5 inch lift out there, there may be others too. They make a body lift for the TB as well. Some have also replaced their rear springs with a larger size.

After your lifted you will probably want to focus on your contact with the ground. Wheels and Tires. You have a few options here but basically you can keep your OEM wheels and just replace the rubber, or if you have the money you can buy a whole new set of wheels and tires. I think the latter would be preferable going with a 15" rim so you have more sidewall. Either way your going to need a spacer/adapter and I suggest you go with Fred's Spacers. Many people here have bought from him and I challenge you to find one bad complaint. There are cheaper sets on ebay and on other websites but I would seriously stay away from those. Call the phone number and tell Fred your specifications.

When choosing your tire size refer to the Ultimate 'Will it Fit' Chart?. Most of us have stock wheels with something like 31, 32, or 33 inch tires. If you don't plan to mud a lot I would get some nice A/T's like BF Goodrich. Buy 5 so you have a proper spare. If you go larger then stock size, you'll need to make some adjustments, someone else will explain more about that I'm sure, or you can use the search function.

Things you can do for free/cheap. Take your newly replaced spare tire and put in on your roof or in your storage area until you can figure out a better way to manage it. Cut off and/or replace the resonator that hangs down below the rear bumper. It Looks like a muffler kinda, but its not. Depending on how serious you are about offroading, you can take off the body plastic that covers the front and rear bumpers for a better approach angle. You may also have to cut the fenders a bit for your tires to fit, which is covered in the 'Will it fit' chart linked above.

Lift
Spacer/Adapter
Wheels/Tires
-In that order

So far we've covered the things that are basically requirements if you want to do and kind of respectable off road driving. Depending on your budget and your interest level you may want to do other modifications as well. There is a whole section in this forum dedicated to users descriptions of their modified vehicles.
Here's the link http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewforum.php?f=25

You'll want a CB radio, a proper place to put your spare tire. You'll want to get a better jack, a lot of people here prefer the Hi-lift. You'll find various other mods concerning body protection and item storage in the build threads.

I might be telling you a bunch of stuff you already know, but I feel the need to be thorough. If there is something you have a question about in particular, you can always ask here, but also you can use the search function.

Good luck and take lots of pics! :flex dirty:

ETA: It's always a good idea to get some extra lighting as well. You never know, plus lights look cool.
Last edited by Doratus on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Chapter (Trailvoy.com)

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

Vehicle Year: 2002

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:24 am

Don't waste your money, buy the ebay spacers and use the extra money on other things. There have NO ZIP ZILCH ZERO proven reports of any issues other than improper installs. Dont waste your money on fred's name, he is good but no better than the ebay spacers unless you want wheel centric spacers. If you plan to ever switch wheels, just get the ebay ones and be happy spending your extra hard earned money on other things.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Doratus » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:27 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Don't waste your money, buy the ebay spacers and use the extra money on other things. There have NO ZIP ZILCH ZERO proven reports of any issues other than improper installs. Dont waste your money on fred's name, he is good but no better than the ebay spacers unless you want wheel centric spacers. If you plan to ever switch wheels, just get the ebay ones and be happy spending your extra hard earned money on other things.

Fixed the wording in my reply.
West Chapter (Trailvoy.com)

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

Vehicle Year: 2002

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"