Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

08 Trailblazer LT, new to forum!

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by sherm13 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:08 am

What an awesome site!

I just got an 08 Trailblazer with ONLY 29K miles on it! Perfect condition inside and out!
I'm looking to add a lift/leveling kit(3" max), black rims/tires and light bar on roof.
Interior, I'd like to install an in dash touch screen navigation system.

I do not have the experience or equipment to do the outside work(lift/tires), so I'll have to get the local performance shop to do it for me.

What suggestions does anyone have for me on what lift/leveling kit and tires to get? It seems like their is so much out there and I am new to all of this...it's overwhelming!
This is my daily driver(NON highway), so I need tires that will also ride decent on road, as well as off.
My off-roading will mainly consist of old logging roads in the mountains of PA, 2.5 trail rating.

Any navigation systems recommended?

I'm hoping to have less than $3K total in everything if possible!

Thanks in advance for any help.
sherm13

Name: Chad
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:12 pm

Buy MarkMC 3 inch. 1.5 inch wheel adaptors. 17 inch rims in 6x5.5 for ease of choices and better prices. Also 17s allow for brake upgrade. Slap some 265-70-17 tires unless you want to trim for 285s. KO2 or Duratrac are nice hybrid on/off road choices.

I like Kenwood double din Navigation, but tons of choices.

I would do a bumper light rather than roof light, but that up to you.

Do not for forget you will be miles ahead with skidplates vs lift. Damaging your vitals will strand you before an inch of clearance will. MDB Fab is the go to option.

Might look into a bumper kit as well and be able to run a winch for self extractions.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Aries » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Welcome,
Aries
Trail-Blazer

Name: David
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Rickalicka18 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Could check out some carplay stereos on crutchfield.com .... Personally I love mine and the screen looks awesome since I get the apple carplay display (which you also use the apple navigation). Heres what I have: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130SPDA120 ... ml?tp=5684

But if you don't have an iphone... Then disregard haha.. Crutchfield still has a lot of good stereos though. Pricey but they give you EVERYTHING you'll need. And lastly Welcome!
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Jrgunn5150 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:18 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Buy MarkMC 3 inch. 1.5 inch wheel adaptors. 17 inch rims in 6x5.5 for ease of choices and better prices. Also 17s allow for brake upgrade. Slap some 265-70-17 tires unless you want to trim for 285s. KO2 or Duratrac are nice hybrid on/off road choices.

I like Kenwood double din Navigation, but tons of choices.

I would do a bumper light rather than roof light, but that up to you.

Do not for forget you will be miles ahead with skidplates vs lift. Damaging your vitals will strand you before an inch of clearance will. MDB Fab is the go to option.

Might look into a bumper kit as well and be able to run a winch for self extractions.

I agree with Kyle here. I do similar driving in similar terrain, Northern Lower Peninsula of Michigan. If I put my light on my roof, it would get slapped by a million branches. I have the Duratrac's, and am very very happy with them for the driving I do.

I also recommend the skidplates as soon as possible. The lower radiator tank is just hanging down there exposed. I've already replaced my radiator once and need to do it again. I've just placed an order with MDB for those items.

Welcome!
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by navigator » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Fill in your location. You might find some new local buddies on here that will help install for the cost of some refreshments. So etims they have leftover parts lying around you can get for cheap. If you have any mechanical aptitude at all and the desire you can do most of the work yourself and even buying tools you will have saved money and know how to fix things when they break.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"