Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New from trailvoy

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Doratus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Hello all.

I have a lifted 4wd trailblazer that I take out all the time. But I never see any other TB's and I get alot of laughs from the JEEP/Toyota guys.

I don't know how this site has eluded me all these years but I'm glad I found it now. (I'm DevLcL on Trailvoy.com)

Here's a trail pic of my baby,
West Chapter (Trailvoy.com)

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 pm

:woot: Good to have you here.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Philberto » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Yay! Another California member! Where in the north are you? I have to hit you up next time I go up there!

-edit: Oh, and when you end up getting your cb, check out my antenna mounting thread! I just got mine for Christmas, and I'm very pleased with how it worked out!
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by The Roadie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:26 am

Indeed - welcome, and how far north? Teebes and I have been on the eastern third of the Rubicon, lots of trails around Bishop, and this summer on Bald Mountain uphill from Fresno.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Doratus » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

Thank you! :cheers:

I'm in Sonoma County. If your not familiar, its about an hour north of San Francisco on Hwy 101.

I know of at least two good places that are each about 45 min away from me, Cobb Mtn. and Cow Mtn. The latter is more famous and some of you may have even heard of it.

At the moment I am replacing my worn out 31.5 in (which are now more like 30 in. :lol: ) with a regular 29.5 in tires. The decision to go smaller was based on two things, cost of the tires themselves, and cost of gas mileage. They are still A/T though! Another thing is that my 4wd seems to be out. I don't know if the switch control is fried or if it's something more serious. The "Service 4WD" light is on, if that helps to determine anything. When I manipulate the control I don't hear any sound whatsoever and none of the lights on the control switch light up.

But what the hell, I'll go out there in 2wd. :drive:

ETA: Oh and my left turn signal is completely out, so basically my TB is falling apart. I need to sort this thing out before I can go further with any mods. I also don't have a job so that helps too.

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

by The Roadie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm the 4WD system diagnostician, and 2002 were notorious for bad TCCMs. If you have a meet, swap with a buddy and see if it fixes it. Assuming you checked fuse #8 under the hood first. You might try to wake up the TCCM by turning on the ignition to run, THEN pulling fuse #8 for 30 seconds, then putting it back in. If you get a light over any of the modes on the selector switch, you have a sleepy TCCM, but it should operate for you until you turn the ignition off. Start calling junkyards for a replacement. Some trailvoy members have paid as little as $20 for one.
The Roadie
Founder

by Philberto » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:13 pm

Wow, I was in Sonoma just this past summer... too bad you weren't on here. Of course, I had just bought the TB, and it was bone stock. Got a pic of it in the Armstrong Redwoods Preserve around here somewhere.
Philberto
Lifer

by janesy86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Howdy.. welcome over and nice rig... :cheers:
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007

by OregTrailBlazin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Welcome!!! :cheers:

Sounds like a North West event is getting more realistic!! :flex dirty: :camping:
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz

by Philberto » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:43 pm

OregTrailBlazin wrote:Welcome!!! :cheers:

Sounds like a North West event is getting more realistic!! :flex dirty: :camping:

I'd be down for one of those! Any excuse I can come up with to go up to the northern Sierras is fine by me.
Philberto
Lifer

by Doratus » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow lots to address here.

The Roadie: Thank you for that information. I have checked the fuse and it does seem to be then my TCCM. We'll have to see at the Havasu meet.

Speaking of meets....

I would love to go to Havasu, whenever that might happen. I wouldn't mind setting up a meet that is even farther north, but I've always wanted to see what The Roadie looks like. I feel like he is some government bred Trailvoy guru. If your don't what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the Trailvoy.com that is being talked about right now.

I would love to organize a meet for offroadTB but it seems like their aren't a whole hell of a lot of members up here so maybe we could put something together in concert with Trailvoy.com. I'm picturing like a giant Trailvoy/offroadTB meet at Yosemite or some place like that. (maybe somewhere a bit more off-road friendly)

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

by Philberto » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Doratus wrote:Speaking of meets....

I would love to go to Havasu, whenever that might happen. I wouldn't mind setting up a meet that is even farther north, but I've always wanted to see what The Roadie looks like. I feel like he is some government bred Trailvoy guru. If your don't what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the Trailvoy.com that is being talked about right now.

I would love to organize a meet for offroadTB but it seems like their aren't a whole hell of a lot of members up here so maybe we could put something together in concert with Trailvoy.com. I'm picturing like a giant Trailvoy/offroadTB meet at Yosemite or some place like that. (maybe somewhere a bit more off-road friendly)

Main thing is that most everybody who does offroading on the OS (Other Site aka Trailvoy) is already on here. Most of the Trailvoy meets, at least in the SoCal area, tend to cater mostly to the slow/show crowd, and Roadie, teebes, and Nick are the only others I know of out here who wheel. You, our other member from SF (forgot his name, so sorry in advance), bgwolfpack, and OregTrailBlazin are the only others out west who wheel... Oh, and Zero, he just got back into town IIRC. If you know of anybody else, by all means let us know, and we'll vet 'em and maybe invite them on here, but that's mainly why we don't do off-road meets with the OS guys too... kind of redundant. If you're looking for off-road friendly near Yosemite, why not Bishop? I prefer the western Sierras myself, but there's some nice stuff on the eastern side. I was hoping to see if we could get something going on up in the Lassen/Shasta area. (Not sure if there's any good wheeling or not... Do you know?)
Philberto
Lifer

by Doratus » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Philberto wrote:
Doratus wrote:Speaking of meets....

Main thing is that most everybody who does offroading on the OS (Other Site aka Trailvoy) is already on here. Most of the Trailvoy meets, at least in the SoCal area, tend to cater mostly to the slow/show crowd, and Roadie, teebes, and Nick are the only others I know of out here who wheel. You, our other member from SF (forgot his name, so sorry in advance), bgwolfpack, and OregTrailBlazin are the only others out west who wheel... Oh, and Zero, he just got back into town IIRC. If you know of anybody else, by all means let us know, and we'll vet 'em and maybe invite them on here, but that's mainly why we don't do off-road meets with the OS guys too... kind of redundant. If you're looking for off-road friendly near Yosemite, why not Bishop? I prefer the western Sierras myself, but there's some nice stuff on the eastern side. I was hoping to see if we could get something going on up in the Lassen/Shasta area. (Not sure if there's any good wheeling or not... Do you know?)

I'd love to do a Shasta area meet. I just said Yosemite because it sounded like a neutral location. I don't know of any places to wheel at Shasta in particular but I'm sure between the 6 of us we can figure it out.
:flex dirty: :camping:

I have to ask you guys one other thing. How do you feel about a little bit of target practice? Just throwing that out there, it's not a necessity. :shoot:

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

by Philberto » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Target practice as in shooting things? I enjoy shooting targets and plinking where it's legal... Not much of a hunter though...
Philberto
Lifer

by Doratus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:20 am

Philberto wrote:Target practice as in shooting things? I enjoy shooting targets and plinking where it's legal... Not much of a hunter though...

Yeah, shooting things. I just bring it up because I was thinking we could incorporate it into an OffroadTB meet. Maybe discuss how we can store firearms in our TB.. just to keep it on topic.
:safari:

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

by ToyBlaze » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:51 am

Dev! It's great to see my idol TB over here! :excited:

Welcome to the site! :cheers:
Last edited by ToyBlaze on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
They gasped the first time I got it dirty... Then fainted when I came home with scratches... Pff, City slickers...
ToyBlaze

Name: Josh

by Philberto » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:00 am

I've no problem with that... no firearms to speak of at the moment... the wishlist is as follows:

Springfield XD .45 ACP
Kel-Tec Su-16CA 5.56mm
Howa M1500 Axion .308
S&W model 686 .357 Magnum Revolver
Mossberg 500 tactical 12-gauge shotgun w/ adjustable stock

And for plinking: Beretta U22 Neos
Philberto
Lifer

by The Roadie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:35 pm

For the curious, here's me (left) and SteveTB03 during the Roadie Rescue trip from Colorado to San Diego.

The Roadie
Founder

by Doratus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 pm

ToyBlaze wrote:Dev! It's great to see my idol TB over here! :excited:

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

Haha thank you, thank you. I don't think anyone has ever told me that before.

Philberto wrote:I've no problem with that... no firearms to speak of at the moment... the wishlist is as follows:

Springfield XD .45 ACP - SA XD .45 3.5" barrel
Kel-Tec Su-16CA 5.56mm - AR15 x2
Howa M1500 Axion .308 - Nothing similar
S&W model 686 .357 Magnum Revolver - Ruger GP100
Mossberg 500 tactical 12-gauge shotgun w/ adjustable stock - Remington 870

And for plinking: Beretta U22 Neos

The RED is what I own. If we organize a meet I'll bring it all! :excited:

The Roadie wrote:For the curious, here's me (left) and SteveTB03 during the Roadie Rescue trip from Colorado to San Diego.

So you ARE REAL!?!

Wishlist:
A)CB radio
Doratus

by ToyBlaze » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:47 pm

Doratus wrote: Haha thank you, thank you. I don't think anyone has ever told me that before.

The Roadie wrote:For the curious, here's me (left) and SteveTB03 during the Roadie Rescue trip from Colorado to San Diego.

So you ARE REAL!?!

Haha, when I first started looking into lifting the TB, yours was one of the first ones I found a pic of and immediatly fell in love with the look. So it's kind of stuck with me. :drool3:

Yes, he is real! One hell of a guy too! I even got to wheel the RoadieMobile for a few hours one time... :drool:
They gasped the first time I got it dirty... Then fainted when I came home with scratches... Pff, City slickers...
ToyBlaze

Name: Josh

Next

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"