Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New to forums

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by MildHurdle » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi guys. This is my first forum post, but I have been researching on the site for a bit. I have a stock 2005 Trailblazer EXT and I am looking to give it an upgrade. I plan on installing Mark's 3 in suspension lift along with wheel spacers and some bigger tires. Depending on how the ride is with the lift, new shocks might come in the future. I do not do a lot of off roading, but I do plenty of snow driving.

I'll continue doing my research, but thanks for all the info you guys put on this site. It is greatly appreciated.
MildHurdle

Name: Kyle Smyth
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Anthony Hernandez » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:34 am

Welcome
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trail X » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 am

Welcome to the site!

You'll likely need new rear shocks, depending on how much lift you install. The stock ones just don't have enough reach. And while you're in the front end taking it apart, its worth the extra money to just get new shocks at the same time and not have to fuss with it again.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:02 pm

:Iagree: makes a world of difference in ride also. Might as well do stiffer front Springs and convert over to tahoe/yukon springs and shocks too. For me it was around $800 for it all, but makes the ride a lot more stable than without. Welcome btw!
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by KingBird » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:39 pm

If you want to cheap out, you can install Tahoe springs and Tahoe z71 shocks. That's what I'm running with my 3" lift.

I don't need my rear swaybar any more, but the ride is still comfortable for those in the backseat on the highway.
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Think I saw tahoe z71 spring on ebay for around $95 for a pair. Not sure if they're there still. The shocks seem to be harder to finf though...
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Mrandersonxd » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:01 pm

They are on eBay for $90/pair + $35 shipping.
Mrandersonxd
Cruiser

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Jrgunn5150 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:01 pm

MildHurdle wrote:Hi guys. This is my first forum post, but I have been researching on the site for a bit. I have a stock 2005 Trailblazer EXT and I am looking to give it an upgrade. I plan on installing Mark's 3 in suspension lift along with wheel spacers and some bigger tires. Depending on how the ride is with the lift, new shocks might come in the future. I do not do a lot of off roading, but I do plenty of snow driving.

I'll continue doing my research, but thanks for all the info you guys put on this site. It is greatly appreciated.

Welcome! I will say, a lift helped me tremendously in snow driving, as well as getting all the anchors out from under the truck, i.e. the resonator and tire. I got stuck everywhere last winter, in parking lots, driveways, everywhere. There's pics on the site still lol.

I did my 3" MarkMc lift and haven't replaced the rear shocks yet. I did get Bilstein HD fronts, and man, they ride great! The rear, is kinda miserable, especially offroad, but I deal with it.
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.

by Rickalicka18 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Jrgunn5150 wrote:
MildHurdle wrote:Hi guys. This is my first forum post, but I have been researching on the site for a bit. I have a stock 2005 Trailblazer EXT and I am looking to give it an upgrade. I plan on installing Mark's 3 in suspension lift along with wheel spacers and some bigger tires. Depending on how the ride is with the lift, new shocks might come in the future. I do not do a lot of off roading, but I do plenty of snow driving.

Welcome! I will say, a lift helped me tremendously in snow driving, as well as getting all the anchors out from under the truck, i.e. the resonator and tire. I got stuck everywhere last winter, in parking lots, driveways, everywhere. There's pics on the site still lol.

I did my 3" MarkMc lift and haven't replaced the rear shocks yet. I did get Bilstein HD fronts, and man, they ride great! The rear, is kinda miserable, especially offroad, but I deal with it.

Don't you want weight in the back for traction? Or are you talking about your resonator and spare getting stuck on things.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Jrgunn5150 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:11 pm

My resonator and spare were digging in, piling snow up underneath me. The spare was literally like a land anchor. It's strapped into the cargo area now, since a 32 probably wouldn't fit underneath, and I had to cut it out anyway.

I just realized some of my stuck pics are in my build thread lol.
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.

by Rickalicka18 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Gonna have a hitch mount for my spare made up. I can actually relate though... I went off the road two years ago and god dang spare was dug right into the ground actually had to take it off so i could clean up the dirt.. and my resonator also was stuffed with dirt. I actually had to go back to where i went off and replace the grass...
Rickalicka18
Addict

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"