Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

ready to begin

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by The Roadie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:05 pm

I was a big anti-fan of body lifting until I wanted to bump up to 33's and quit hitting my fenders. Finally got the Zone 2", and enthusiastically recommend it. Even though I had to spend money to relocate my rock sliders and soon the front bumper. Neil's already accommodating the new lift into the rear bumper design. For me, I can deal with carrying less stuff on the roof, but it will help with deep water crossings.

Oh, and one BIG IMPROVEMENT with a body lift - access for changing the two rear spark plugs!!!!!! :excited:
Last edited by The Roadie on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: one more thought
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by skawtydog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 pm

*note* I tried to post this once already, but it seems to have vanished*

MAXXLinks - Heavy Duty Sway Bar End Links Are these something that would be an advantage for me to have, based on my proposed build here on page 1, or would it be a waste of time and money...Does anybody here have these, and if so, do you think they are more durable?

Scott
skawtydog
Cruiser

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by cbbryan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:58 pm

According to Fred's site wheeladapter.com he will not convert/change the lug pattern on any of his wheel spacers. They are $365 shipped wheel and hub centric and he can ship them the same day if he recieves your order by noon. If you absolutely want to go with the 6.5 lug pattern to find new wheels then you'll have to get your spacers from ebay or somewhere else.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 pm

The end links are not necessary. Replace as they fail, as they are not a critical component. They just make snapping noises a bit when they fail.

Talk to Fred before going elsewhere. I beleive Roadie is running Fred's lug-changing adapters. Is it possible that his website said they cannot change the number of lugs?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by MrSmithsTB » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 pm

skawtydog wrote:*note* I tried to post this once already, but it seems to have vanished*

MAXXLinks - Heavy Duty Sway Bar End Links Are these something that would be an advantage for me to have, based on my proposed build here on page 1, or would it be a waste of time and money...Does anybody here have these, and if so, do you think they are more durable?

Scott

I 100% endorse these. If you don't need them do not replace them yet. If they are needed, they are a great way to go. I got one of the first production sets from the tech himself, to field test and provide feedback to Trailblazer/Envoy owners. They are a sound parts and have many advantages over some of the other OEM replacements. As long as they are installed properly, they will perform excellently. And, since they are not a one piece design, you don't have to replace the entire component in a parts becomes too worn.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by janesy86 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 pm

cbbryan wrote:According to Fred's site wheeladapter.com he will not convert/change the lug pattern on any of his wheel spacers. They are $365 shipped wheel and hub centric and he can ship them the same day if he recieves your order by noon. If you absolutely want to go with the 6.5 lug pattern to find new wheels then you'll have to get your spacers from ebay or somewhere else.

I don't have em, but plenty of people do. He just wont change # of lugs...
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007

by cbbryan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 pm

My bad, they do convert the spacing, but not the number of lugs.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

by The Roadie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:33 pm

I've got a set of Maxxlinks as well, ready to go in. Impressively bulletproof design.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by skawtydog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Skipping back to the old subject for a second, when i order from wheeladapter.com, i specify that i need an adapter to go from 6X5 to 6X5.5, but what about the hub centric ring, how do I specify that? or is it simply vehicle specific? or is it a standard thing for all 6X5 to 6X5.5's?
skawtydog
Cruiser

by cbbryan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 pm

skawtydog wrote:Skipping back to the old subject for a second, when i order from wheeladapter.com, i specify that i need an adapter to go from 6X5 to 6X5.5, but what about the hub centric ring, how do I specify that? or is it simply vehicle specific? or is it a standard thing for all 6X5 to 6X5.5's?

When I got a quote from Fred he said they are hub and wheel centric. Just request a quote an he will call you within a few hours and then you can talk for awhile about it. He may even send you a few emails too.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

by skawtydog » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 am

sounds good!
skawtydog
Cruiser

by Excell » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 am

Fred rules. He was a great guy to chat with. You'll need to know the center bore of the wheel you're going with before you can order spacers. Fred already knows the stock hub bore size for the hub-centric part of the spacer, but to make them wheel-centric he will need the measurement from your wheel so they match up correctly. Best to get the wheels first and mic the center bore on all of them to get your measurement.
Excell
Cruiser

Vehicle Year: 2002

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:48 am

Excell wrote:Fred rules. He was a great guy to chat with. You'll need to know the center bore of the wheel you're going with before you can order spacers. Fred already knows the stock hub bore size for the hub-centric part of the spacer, but to make them wheel-centric he will need the measurement from your wheel so they match up correctly. Best to get the wheels first and mic the center bore on all of them to get your measurement.

Which is why I did not use him. I have had 4 different sets of wheels on my truck and will have at least that many more. Wheel-centric does no good if you use multiple sets of wheels, since they dont all match.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Excell » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:58 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Which is why I did not use him. I have had 4 different sets of wheels on my truck and will have at least that many more. Wheel-centric does no good if you use multiple sets of wheels, since they dont all match.

That's a great reason to not buy wheel-centric spacers. :D

Now, you didn't ask, but if it were me, I would have a set made up with a small wheel-centric lip and then either buy or have made center bore adapters that you can change out for each wheel set. Example (with numbers pulled from my rear end); your spacers have a 60mm wheel lip. Wheel set #1 is 70mm, so you have a set of 10mm lip adapters made up. Wheel set #2 is 75mm with a set of 15mm adapters. Now this is a lot of work and a little money to solve a problem that probably will never exist. But if you're a perfectionist...
Excell
Cruiser

Vehicle Year: 2002

by skawtydog » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:32 am

Just got back from 2 1/2 weeks in the middle of the woods working. payday saturday. must....decide...on...rims...

Skawtydogâ„¢

Edit: Oh, oh, i just found something I really want....."Curt Class 3 Front 2" Receiver Hitch"!!
mmmmmmmmm........possible.....winch.......aaarrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!
skawtydog
Cruiser

Previous

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"