Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

new to 4wd

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by Gordinho80 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:27 pm

What he's getting at with Brendan's pic is that it might be private property.... James' picture was taken on an approved trail.
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 pm

foosh wrote:...James i kinda remember a pic of you doing something like that on Tecore. Don't be so hard on him, he's new and hasn't done anything wrong.

I'm not meaning to be hard on him, he seems to be a good guy. Only trying to help. The term 'urban wheeling' does conjure up bad images though.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by foosh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:14 pm

James you also gotta remember that in alot of the country, there aren't places like GWNF to go to or anywhere close. I know of tons of people that go into "unmarked areas" and no one says anything, its just understood that you have to take care of the area where you are. A good amount of wheeling are access roads like Powerline roads.

New Jersey closed down the only ORV park last year and in 2005 proposed to open two new ones in 2008, and hasn't even talked of such since the proposal in 2005. If NJ designated spots to go off roading in, people wouldn't have to go elsewhere; but they do, and they respect it. EX Mario going to Cotrell Rd.

Its fortunate that you live in a place that has lots of Off Roading terrian but for the rest of us, we take what we can get and respect it.
Only White Lifted TB in Jerzey on 33's :safari:

:flex dirty: Pine Barrens Wheelin!
Build Thread http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113
foosh
Addict

Vehicle Year: 2004

by irishboy02 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 pm

What its proving is how im now lifted and really excited about it. I live on the border of Newark, NJ. If you watch spike tv theres a show called Jacked, or you can go on demand for the sundance channel and watch a show called brick city [very good show actually] and you can get a better idea of the area i live in. All we have here in my 3.2 mile square town is 74,000 people, so thers not much room for anything.

Having that said, i understand about the whole "tread lightly" aspect of offroadin and yes i do respect it, but i did nothing wrong in this picture. This was takin inside the parking lot of a grammer school at 220am, the same lot that me and my friends hang out in every night of the week. My father is the captain of the police department in my town, my best friend (who was also present at this picture)works for a police department, his father is the lutenient of the police department in my town. With me in the same parkinglot was a sergent and a patrolment both with me while on duty, they are good friends of mine and then another one (trffic cop) puled in to see my truck aswell. So, i simply pulled up the wall a little bit. I did not spin the tires once, no grass flung anywhere, you couldnt even tell that i was there. I then took the pic, and put the truck in neutral to come down, so i didnt even go in reverse to spin . You can see the shadow of the patrol car in the pic. Besides, i too work for a police department and know better than that. I mean realy, i understand where your coming from but its a picture of my truck stopped on a little hill, its not me rippin through field of mud with houses behind me or anything like that yanno?

Listen, im not trying to disrespect you and anyone else on here, and especially tread lightly, without you group of guys and light treaders, we wouldnt be able to ride in the future. But all im sayin is take a look at the thread, im talkin about my new fun expierences with my first lifted vehicle so i took a pic on a little wall, no blood no foul. Lighten up a lil bit brotha :cheers:

I hopin i can have the chance to wheel with you one day, heard youv got a nice rig thereBut i cant take the credit on my own. This lift woulda never got done if foosh didnt come home for the night from school(well untill 2am) to help me out :friday: Hoping to have some nice pics after tomorrow wheelin in the mud from this rain comin through :flex dirty:

okay, time for me to go check updates for tomorrows trip :excited:
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

Name: Brendan

by irishboy02 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:10 pm

btw...z71 springs are enroute

soo is my safari rack and light bar :excited:

:flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
irishboy02
Addict

by MrSmithsTB » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I have two complaints.

1) You need some better lifted pics.
2) You should add this all to you build thread.

Otherwise, awesome! I hope to make it out tomorrow and get some good pictures to put up here. I see where James is being a good guy and saving us from any kind of trouble, so thanks JD. But I know it is easy finding places in urban Jersey to have fun. But whether it is flexing or getting dirty, the people around here with land suitable have an unspoken agreement with us. Don't trash it and the gate stays open. It's not like real wheelin land were everything is by the book.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by foosh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Very well put Brendan, now you just gotta update your Build Thread as Bob said.
Only White Lifted TB in Jerzey on 33's :safari:

:flex dirty: Pine Barrens Wheelin!
Build Thread http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113
foosh
Addict

Vehicle Year: 2004

by irishboy02 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Im hoping to snag some more pictures on tomorrows trip. Even if Bot cant make it, maybe i can find a wing man, or woman.

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
irishboy02
Addict

Previous

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"