Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Toyota Owner possibly switching

New members: please introduce yourself here.

by LCPL Humiston » Tue May 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey whats up guys/gals! My names Jake, im from MD im single...no im just kidding haha.

Right now i have a 99 4Runner and its got a lota to many miles 175,000 so i need a new vehicle. I always see trailblazers for sale and i see the 4wd but i didnt really think it had a good offroad potential but i had to do some quick searches and saw the trailvoy page and saw this one didnt know what it was anywho i checked it out and i feel in love. Specially JamesDownings if i get a TB, im copying you haha sorry man ill try another color!
LCPL Humiston

Name: Jacob
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bartonmd » Tue May 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome!
bartonmd

Name: Mike

by bgwolfpack » Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 pm

When you buy one we'll love to see pics of it. Coping JDs truck is always a quality goal to have. :cheers:

Look forward to researching you're questions here before asking anything though. You may deal with the wrath of a certain few if not. :angry whip: We are not many here.

Good Luck and :thumright: Welcome :thumleft:
Last edited by bgwolfpack on Tue May 10, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by djthumper » Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Welcome!
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2006

by Trail X » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Welcome, glad you're considering a TB.

It's funny how after looking at many of the alternatives, the TB really isn't that bad of a choice for a DD offroad vehicle. It has many pros going for it (BOF construction, decent LO gearing, solid rear axle, coil springs, cheap parts, strong engine). The only real con going against it is the front differential, but all of us have worked around that to attain our off-road capability goals (well most of us).

It's funny I had a conversation with a guy recently that has a lifted (98 I think) Jeep Cherokee. Externally his vehicle looks similar to mine: I6, lift, 32s, etc etc. But he said he hates his vehicle and has had tons of problems with it including the dreaded death wobble. Plus the Jeep didn't even have a frame.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, although the TB doesn't exactly feel like a natural pick, it does exceedingly well.

As for copying, go for it if you wish. All I require is that you put a small 3'x2' sign on the rear window that says "offroadtb.com". :mrgreen:

Depending on where you are in MD, if you want to check out my truck before you make a decision, I could probably meet you sometime.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by LCPL Humiston » Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Wow and seems like a better environment than t4r.org people actually replied to my thread haha, and hey no problem if i get one ill throw a sticker on there easily. Yes you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the whole natural pick for an offroader haha. Im excited, i have seen quite a few trail blazers meeting the requirments of under 45,000 miles under 16,000 and 4WD. A few 07's so its cool! Ill be wondering around here. I live in St Marys County (Patuxent River) Navy base i also go to drill once a month in Fredrick MD for the Marine Corps. I love the Looks of the TB's out of most of offroad vehicles the TB looks the best....well besides the Ford Raptor haha.

It makes sense that youre TB and your "founder" title go hand to hand haha, a lot of guys have awesome pigs also but i think the black, front guard, and rock sliders look sweet together!
LCPL Humiston

by DmccartneyFF2TB » Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Welcome from western mass!! :cheers:
Dame
BDS,ROUGH COUNTRY,
Smitty Build XR-C8 Winch
33" Procomp M/T X MARK SPACERS.
Only Blue lifted 2002 Trailblazer in WMASS.
www.wm4x4.com
DmccartneyFF2TB
Trail-Blazer

Name: Damian
Vehicle Year: 2002

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue May 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Howdy
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006

by LCPL Humiston » Fri May 13, 2011 1:17 am

Well sorry guys im upset and happy, its a tad bittersweet but a lot of guys have said i should just keep the 4Runner they have 250,000 miles up and have had no problems and my dad is now in to keep it. This saves me money since i dont have to make any payments. One thing i will carry over i noticed was the laptop and the laptop carrier with that terrain software. I dont think i have seen anyone else with it! Keep it real guys!
LCPL Humiston

by Trail X » Fri May 13, 2011 9:02 am

Oh, this wasn't your vehicle to sell? :slap:

Where's the "facepalm" smilie when you need one?

Oh well, at least your post was evidence that we're somewhat extending our influence into the off-road community.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

Return to "I'm new to offroadtb.com!"