Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

HARDTRAILZ's build - 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer

These builds are capable of traveling some of the most difficult trails known to the GMT360 platform (4.5+ per our trail rating guide). This section includes our SAS builds.

Moderator: navigator

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Popped off the roof rack for now, but the wife says it needs to go back on. Got some quik fists and more led lights and mounts to get done first though.

I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am

Swapped the stock headlight housings for some basic replacements due to the factory getting some oxidation internally. Not sure how, but they are smooth outside and a mess inside. I reused my VVME 35 watt 5000K HID lows and some cheap fake hid in the highs.

Before:

After:

Ballast spot

Covers to keep out crap from housing
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

Someone said to post my Scangauge mounting. I got a couple pics and it showcases the mpg I am getting. At 70 I run about 2000 rpm and after a dozen blocks of city driving and 10 miles of interstate at 70 I was looking at 17.4

I got off the interstate and jumped on a side road and saw the mog climb to 18.0 and hold pretty steady while doing 50

I like the position of the Scangauge for easy use and view without blocking any other gauges or what not. Definitely one of my favorite tools.
HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Actually was clean last week.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Tossed the basket back up top. Painted the hood all white for now. Washed it. Filled it with fuel. Added new reverse led lights.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Changed the mounts on the light bars and slapped the hi lift back on. Did some wire brushing and painting. Removed most decals. Got rid of orange accents. Got LED tails. Started swapping to new winch so the old can go to live on the trailer. Swapped the grill again. Cleaned off skids and changed oil. Found a rag in the garage and gave the boy a hose and we gave it a quick bath. Thank goodness white hides so much and pics dont show the bumps and bruises so much. Basically got a day and spent it trying to clean up and dial in the rig.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 am

[QUOTE="HARDTRAILZ, post: 494086, member: 6036"]Been a bit, but I got some updates in the works. A new winch bumper is at powdercoat now and some new to me projector headlights. Also have some 5125 rear shocks to toss on. Picked up some doors my buddy Regulator started cutting for trail use and he then traded them to me to get some that match his body lines better. Little work and I think they will be nice. Kept mirrors and uses factory latching.

Sneak peak pics

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:27 am

Also got a new Rad skid with fresh powdercaot and some seriously beefly bolt head connecters.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:29 am

The new rad skid has all 12 bolts instead of the handful I had been running for a long time. I got lights all hooked up. Need to aim headlights, but got the marker lights working for first time in awhile. Want to put the side LED strips on a switch or with the parking lights. The bumper lights do quite well for 27 watt Amazon units. Need to do some adjustment and then can get some output shots.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:41 pm

Slapped on some new Bilstein 5125 rear shocks and am liking them so far.

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:11 am

Replaced this rusty crap

With this stuff

I will get a pic of it installed since I forgot, but the difference is amazing. As the exhaust was rotting I did not realize how loud it had become with basically a straight pip setup over the past year or so. With the simple Magnaflow and turndown it sounds nice and clean with much less inside noise. Almost silent to my ears. We cut the old mounting bolts and pulled the rust out. Used a new flange gasket and bolted up new stuff, but to fit right with the dump we shorted it a couple inches and welded it right to the muffler exit. The mount on the magnaflow was for an ext, so I had to chop the part that slid in the rubber hanger off and weld it right to where the dump was attached. Fit right is and is nice and solid. It now dumps a few inches before the rear axle.

Updated Pics of under:

HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 am

Some new work on the rig. Picked up some new wheels n tires. 35s on 17s again, but Falken MT and American Outlaw wheels this time. Stripped off the roof rack and rear bumper swings for a re-do of configuration and powdercoating. Also played with one of the front grills and made it white for awhile. Need to pull off white strip on windshield and go back to regular tint ASAP as well. Also put in some LED headlight bulbs...not impressed. Think I will do a better projector and go back to HID bulbs again. Also added new door speakers since it was down to one working occasionally. Also got a new single sub to take up less room in the rear. Did get a double din head unit but it is not installed yet. Also picked up a couple new jerry cans to build the rear swing around cause i want a shelf/dual can holder that I can use more often. Slapped in some new hubs and tie rod, but need to regrease the splined disco and do the CVs when I get a bit more time. Been awhile, so its about time for basic maintenance.

Before the strip

Tires and wheels the wife actually picked out

On the truck. Ride nice and seem like they do pretty good.

Stripped down for the re-do

The grill for something different, but its already about to change the more I look at it. Easy silly fun when you got 3 spares.
HARDTRAILZ

Previous

Return to Extreme Offroad Builds