Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Dirty Antons Build - 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

These builds are capable of traveling some of the most difficult trails known to the GMT360 platform (4.5+ per our trail rating guide). This section includes our SAS builds.

Moderator: navigator

by dirty anton » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

wanted to share a homemade gap guard that was used from a rubbermade lid from a large bin. cut in half i used the two flat pieces which were then placed in between the fender liner and metal fender well, drilled and bolted at the stock location. pretty self explanatory. good for guys with the 2 or 3 inch body lift to help with mud and debris.Image
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

Name: mike
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by dirty anton » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:56 pm

these have helped greatly for on road body roll. rancho 9000 xl that has 9 settings. i use 1-2 off road and 5-7 on road. just got the fronts, may help for guys who are disconnected but want less body roll on road. worth checking into for sizes.ImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:20 pm

added some protection for a little piece of mind oil/trans skidImageImagetc skidImagegas tank skid
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

rear top of gas tank skidImageImageswitched out drag link with one that has a 2 1/2 in off set:result was better handeling and more clearenceImageside view of draglink
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 pm

pitman sideImageImageon going issues with aluminum luggage rack made the need for steel. now i have more floor space!ImageImageImageand yea while i had the welder out i had to put on a bottle opener (on rock slider)
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 am

added some legs to the rear rack. this makes is very strong and can support alot of weight.Imagealso added saftey cable for a little more piece of mind. everything is bolted down good and the cables may be overkill but better safe than sorry. they connect to the rack and to the luggage tie downs on the floor.Imagecan store my recovery bag,parts,fluids and has a sturdy spot to mount my high lift jack. the rack could double for another bed for a child while camping also. a cushion and a sleeping bag and your set. my eleven year old fits perfect up there.Imagethis setup allows for so much more room and a big area to sleep. a dvd player mounted to the back of rack for kids and camping.Imagemounted usind a large beam clamp.ImageImagecargo nets. i used curtain hooks, work perfect without leaving a mark if you want to move them.ImageImageImage14 bolt pinion guard about to go inImagerock lights
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm

made a slide out shelf with drawer slides i had laying around the garage. trimmed the edge with some 1/2 in aluminum channel and used an old mic stand for an adjustable leg for heavy stuff. welded a nut in the mic stand and bolted a rubber foot to it. works great and doesnt take up any of my sleeping room.ImageImageImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 pm

just so i dont get hassled again. Had only 10 days to get around to putting on fender flares after getting pulled over and issued a saftey inspection order even tho you dont need these in md unless your a commercial vehicle but the officer didnt buy it. go to liftlaws.com and it has all the states listed. he also cited me for tires and susp/shocks. he obviously doesnt know what he is talking about and when i told him the laws on these he just got pissed! was pretty funny by the way when my daughter stuck her tongue out at him! due to time constraints my only option was flexi flares. i dont want a reason to get pulled over again after he said state cops will pull anyone over without fender flares period! could win this in court but not worth the hassle. flares were pretty easy to work with and i added some metal supports underneath to keep their shape. these are the heavy duty 4 1/4 in ones. these come without the wire going through them.ImageImageImageImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 am

after some spray on bedlinerImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

longer travel front drive shaft. tom woods hooked me up!Image thanks for the advice (eric ss and passenger rob) on welding across the shackles. welded them front and back with some 1/4 in steel. this greatly improves stability by 20 to 30%.Image
also a few months ago added a 3000 watt power inverter for whatever power tools and ran wire for two outlets.Image
ImageImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:46 pm

rear storage rack converted to a bunkImageImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:54 pm

new storage rack tied into rack/bunk. could also convert to another sleeper for child or short adult. now being used for cooler and water container Imagewith some pvc fittings you can make a drain for water jug so you never have to move jug around except to fill.Imageglue all except the top elbow fitting and then you can turn the drain outwardImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 pm

my rear spring perch collapsed after a wheeling trip recentlyImageplasma'd it off and got an upgraded one from balistic fab. these come with a front plate that will prevent this to happen againImageImageside by side shots to compare. as you can see the new perch wraps around alot more and is 1/4 inImageImage to prevent this from happening on the other side i welded some 1/4 plate to the frontImage
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

Previous

Return to Extreme Offroad Builds