Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Dizzlenator's Build - 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

These are lifted trucks and have posted trip reports showing travel on non-stock passable trails.

Moderator: navigator

by Dizzlenator » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Figured it was my turn. Got enough done to her now that I can actually make this thing worth posting.
Before we get to that, I need to post my current mod list, so here it is!
2004 Chev Trailblazer LT
4.2L I-6 4x4 (no G-80 yet)

Suspension Modifications: SMAXX 2.5" front spacer kit; SMAXX 2" rear spacer; Rear Z71 suspension; Bilstein HD front shocks; 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains; Stock rims painted dark gray

Exterior Modifications: Westin Grille Guard w/ 2 Dick Cepek 135W 5" lights; Roof light bar w/ 4 Dick Cepek 135W 5" lights; Black Widow roof basket; De-trimmed, stock badging removed; Custom Trailblazer badging on the side, Chevy on the rear; 08 Tahoe Z71 badges; Custom CB Mount and 4' Firestick Antenna; 55W Hella's on basket facing rear, 2 35W Baja lights facing rear corners,

Engine Modifications: Flowmaster 70 Series Muffler; Removed Resonator; 3" tip; AirRaid CAI, Intake Resonator Removed;

Interior Modifications: Painted Minor Interior parts to match exterior color; custom switch mount plate

Recovery Equipment:20K lb strap; High lift jack

Electrical Modifications: Pioneer 6 1/2" 2 way speakers in all 4 doors, 15" Dayton sub, 600 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, 2 Pioneer 100W tweeters in A-pillars, CB

So, started with a bone stock 2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT, 4.2L 4x4.

First mods were 15% tint, Westin bull bar with Hella 550's, and roof rack light bar.

Then, I painted my bowties, just for grins....

Then I removed the stock trim and badging. Added my own "custom" badging with letters I found on EBAY. I painted them gray originally, to match the trim and bowties. They came out good, but the paint started chipping almost immediately. So I scraped them back to chrome, and left them. (Crooked, I know, but it's been fixed since then)

Next step (even though it took me 2 weeks to get it all together) was my lift. SMAXX 2.5" front with Bilstein HD shocks, 2" rear with Tahoe Z71 rear springs and shocks, 1.5" wheel spacers and 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains...

Clearance:

No more running boards, added a cheap-o roof basket from another member here, and removed the bull bar and added a Westin grill guard. Pics are from TECORE I in April 2009, my first real offroad venture with my TB.

My truck with JamesDowning's at the Sheets station after TECORE I

Painted wheels gray, added new sticker, VHT on tail lights, Flowmaster 70 series and 3" tip.
Last edited by Dizzlenator on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
04 TB LT Jacked Up
My Build Thread
Dizzlenator
Off-Roader

Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Dizzlenator » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:35 pm

Next it was time for brakes. I don't have a good pic of them yet, but will try to get one tomorrow. I added cross drilled/slotted rotors from Brakelabs, an EBAY brake company. I haven't had any problems out of them, and they look nice. Plus, they were less than $300 for 4 rotors and all pads.

Latest mods were just before TECORE II (Sept 09). Removed cheap-o basket, and got a Rage Performance basket, their Black Widow model. 39"x42" and 4.5" deep. Mounted my Hella's from the grill to the basket, facing behind me. Took 2 of the Baja lights and mounted them behind my light bar, facing the rear corners. Purchased 6 Dick Cepek 135W offroad lights off of EBAY, and mounted 2 in the grille and 4 where my cheap Baja lights were. Pics from

Ready to roll to TECORE, 17 Sept 09, right before heading out to tha Durty Jerz where I would be meeting up with Mario and Frank.

Here are a few pics from TECORE II that I loved....

MUCH more to come! Soon I plan on a rear spare tire carrier, rear cargo storage area w/ subwoofer box, 20" extension on roof basket, rock sliders, new CB, mount, and switch panel (details on that later) and eventually, a steel custom front bumper, and rear bumper guard, and a few other miscellaneous things. I know there are lots more mods that I want to do, but I can't think of them all right now. More detailed pics on everything that I will be working on over the winter will come. Thanks for checking out my build up thus far!!
04 TB LT Jacked Up
My Build Thread
Dizzlenator
Off-Roader

Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Offroad Rated Builds