Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Navigator's Build - 2006 Trailblazer

Builds in this section have shown posted proof of at least one off-highway trip.

Moderator: navigator

by navigator » Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Year Make Model - 2006 TrailBlazer

IMG_0117 (Small).JPG

Drivetrain Specs:
I6, LS, 4WD, 4.10 gears, G86 in rear, LockRight in the front
285/75/16 Fierce Attitude Tires

Suspension Modifications:
Rough Country 2 inches front,
Mark's top spacer,
Z71 springs
Rough Country 3/4" rear.

Exterior Modifications:
Zone 2" Body LIft
MDB Radiator and Oil Skids
Tahoe Rims
MarkMC 1.5" adapters

Engine Modifications:
Synthetic Oil, Royal Purple Diff fluids.

Recovery Equipment:
Factory Tow Hooks,
Hi Lift Extreme, lift mate, winch kit,
20ft static strap,
short static
shovel.
Last edited by navigator on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Fri May 13, 2011 12:41 pm

My build will be very tame, even lame compared to many of the others but I'll have at least for now the only lifted TB in my area and it should do everything I need it to do.
Everything I do is budget/function minded. With a family of 5, one income and one kid in college funds are tight.

My only updates before today are adding tow hooks and going with the 255/70/16 Maxxis AT 771. I've been really satisfied with the tire for the price. Not too much highway noise compared to my previous street tires and they have worked well on our beach trips.

You folks will have to wait in anticipation just like me, my lift is on it's way. I sourced it through another member on here as well. It is the Rough Country 2 inch lift with the 3/4 rear spacer.

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time Activity
Wilmington, NC, United States 05/13/2011 8:01 A.M. Out For Delivery
Greensboro, NC, United States 05/13/2011 2:28 A.M. Departure Scan
Lexington, KY, United States 05/12/2011 8:15 A.M. Departure Scan
Indy, IN, United States 05/11/2011 11:08 P.M. Departure Scan
Minn, MN, United States 05/10/2011 9:47 P.M. Departure Scan
Fargo, ND, United States 05/10/2011 2:30 A.M. Departure Scan
Fargo, ND, United States 05/09/2011 8:34 P.M. Origin Scan

Current Mods
Tow Hooks
255/70/16 Maxxis AT 771

Future Plans
RC 2 inch lift.
UCA Flip
Roof Basket - building right now.
Mount CB
Possible Z71 rear springs and BDS shocks.

I'll post pictures once I start the build.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
here
My Build Thread
navigator

by navigator » Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Look what the guy in the brown truck brought me this afternoon.
I stopped by Advance Auto and picked up a few 1 1/4 3/8 bolts with locking nuts.
They need a little cleaning and maybe a coat of flat black and they'll be good to go.
Hopefully I get it installed tomorrow!
Attachments
002.JPG
002.JPG (221.42 KiB) Viewed 20302 times
here
My Build Thread
navigator

by navigator » Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok, I got the lift on. Woo Hoo. My wife was like "is that all?" I told her we could get a body lift to add to it for another $400. She likes jacked up trucks etc. Maybe later :-)

I had this great plan to take a lot of pictures as I went and document everything but that didn't work out too well. I got all greasy and didn't want to mess up the camera.
The RC lift went in pretty easy once I kind of figured everything out.
I bought a used lift with the spacers already attached to a stock springs and struts so I didn't have to mess with compressors etc.
The main hangups were that you have to take the bolt out of the lower strut mount in the front to get the strut out, it took me a few to figure that out. I also needed more travel and tried to disconnect the end links but they just kind of spun and wouldn't come off then I remembered someone posting about disconnecting the sway bar. I ended up loosing the mounting bolts until they almost came out and that gave me enough play. I think it might work better if you disconnect both sides at the same time and then put both struts back in place.

The rears were easy, I just moved one of the brake lines from it's mounting location on both sides, disconnected the rear shocks and lowered it down with the jack slowly until the ebrake line was pretty tight and the springs came out pretty easy. There was a thin rubber piece on top of the spring that I had to remove and I put the spacers in and put it all back together.

I started at 5:15 and was going in the house at 8:15.
In that time frame I had went to the neighbors to borrow the some tools, fed the dogs, put them up and changed their water and went on 2 short drive to make sure everything was all right. I figure it took me about 2.5 hrs. I think I could do it a lot quicker now.

Shoot, 3 guys with enough jacks and jack stands could likely get it done in 30 mins.
It's lifted and I owe it all to you guys, thanks for all the help and cheap parts :-)

Next is to finish my roof basket.
Attachments
001.JPG
001.JPG (192.57 KiB) Viewed 20302 times
here
My Build Thread
navigator

by navigator » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Updated pic with the Mark's top spacer and Z71 springs. I'll try to get a better pic later
Attachments
004.JPG
here
My Build Thread
navigator

by navigator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 am

I got my new tires installed yesterday, Toyo Open Country AT2.
The tire guy said "they call for 80lbs but I only put 60lbs in it." I rode about a mile up the street and dropped them down to 45. They ride well and are pretty quiet, just a slight hum at highway speeds. I'll do the chalk test later to see where my air pressure needs to be.

This is also the first pic posted with my "new" Tahoe wheels and the Zone Body Lift.
Roughly 4.5" of lift in the front overall and about 4" inches of lift in the rear overall.

009_sm.jpg

They are actually meatier than I thought they would be from looking at pictures online.

046_sm.jpg
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Return to Trail Ready Builds