Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Akozlowski's Build Thread - 2004 Trailblazer

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Akozlowski » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS

Drivetrain Specs:

V6 4.2L 2x4

Suspension Modifications:
None

Exterior Modifications:

Accident Repair
Left/Right Tail lights

Michelin 245/70R16 Cross Terrain

Engine Modifications:
None

Interior Modifications:
None

Recovery Equipment:
None

Electrical Modifications:
None
Last edited by Akozlowski on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Akozlowski

Name: Adam Kozlowski
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Akozlowski » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Well recently I got rear ended by a Mercury Mountainer. Allstate totalled the cost at around $2200 minus the $500 deductible, so they cut me a check and Im waiting till summer to fix her. Few things I felt were going to cost too much to have done by an autobody shop including the tail lights.

Average cost of new ones from GM was $120 and Allstate set an amount of $75 each + $20 for adjustment. I felt like that was way too much, and to my surprise I was right! Found a OE replacement from autopartswarehouse.com for $56 each minus $12 if you buy the pair. They came in about 2 days and shipping was free, I was excited to see them at the door when I got back from work this evening. Took around 10 minutes for the swap, would have been much quicker if the tailgate assembly wasn't smashed in, the locking hack has to be manually unlocked from the inside. Totalled me $110 after taxes well worth it. Here are a few shots before and after the tail swap.

New parts from Fedex!

Original damage:

After new lights:

Next thing on my list is going to be WAAG front and rear brush guards with tail light guards, I'll probably order those next few pay checks but only install the front until after the TB gets back from the body shop later this year.

I might even be able to pop off the inner tail gate plastic and try and push the metal back out. Or I can take a look at the local pick-a-part and see if there is a wrecked summit white TB with a good tail gate, might do the repair myself. But thats a maybe, at least shes on her way to looking good and later better with a lift! :excited: :flex dirty:
Akozlowski

by Akozlowski » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Here's a pic of the current tire configeration, running Michelin 245/70R16 Cross Terrain. With this set on im about 1.5-2'' from the upper control arm. Little dirty, going to have to clean the whole vehicle this weekend.

To Do List!

Suspension Modifications:
-2'' BDS Suspension Lift
-Avalanche Springs
-Bilstein HDs all around

Exterior Modifications:
-Waag front/rear/tail light brushguards
-Powdercoat rims original 16" or 17" if I can find the newer style
-Running lights either on the guard or on a roof rack

Engine Modifications:
-AirAid cold air
-Exhaust maybe magnaflow

Interior Modifications:
- Im thinking Cooler!

Electrical Modifications:
-Attempt to adapt a 4x4 dial into a running light configeration switch

Recovery:
-Shovel :excited:
Akozlowski

by Akozlowski » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 pm

So after a long weekend of 9 hour shifts I had time this afternoon to clean her up! Posted previously, you can see how dirty those tires were. Well here she is after a nice bath, some clay bar, and black magic tire shine! Oh how much she needed the clay bar, best invention since sliced bread :excited: :drool3: :drool3:

Akozlowski

Return to Mall Rated Builds