Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

2003 Build in Southern Michigan

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Timberwolf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 am

Started with a very clean 2003 TB LS that has 287,000 miles on it. You'd never know by looking at it... even underneath. I was pulling suspension bolts with hand tools yesterday.

Anyway... first mod was to get some vision:

Then we started the lift. Stock:

Bilstein HD all around, PH relocator, Moog 81114 up front, Z71 rear, MarkMC 3/2 lift. Rear was a no brainer. Also pulled the rear sway bark and links while back there. I wanted to ditch the spare tire too, but didn't have room to look and see what was involved (my lift is kinda close to the back of the garage).

But I was concerned about the front. After assembling the struts with new mounts, springs and the lift, I was surprised to see that there was only 1" difference in length between stock and aftermarket:

So I put it back together stock in the front so I could get it out of the garage and work on another project. It was hilarious to look at:

But Mark got back with me later, and assured me all was well. Pulled it back in and installed the front suspension, including new upper control arms (reversed and flipped) and moog stab links. Didn't get any pics though because we finished well after dark. More to come tomorrow!
Timberwolf
Cruiser

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Timberwolf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 pm

And here we go with the lift completed. I still need to install the PH relocator. But otherwise I'm in the air, looking like I skipped leg day while I wait for the wheels to be dropped off by fedex.

In other news, I had a pesky P0105 code that kept popping up. Went ahead and forked out the $50 for a new MAP, only to find that wasn't the problem. After a lot of searching, I decided to check the TB. Sure enough... it was nasty. The little tube on the side was pretty much plugged shut.

After a good cleaning, she runs like new again!

In other news, I replaced the rear door speakers with some JVC units from Amazon. Nothing really to see there, but at least I now have rear sounds. Also pulled the front door panel to oil the window guides. They were squealing like crazy. I used garage door lube. Seem to have done the job. Found out why my door handle kept coming loose though...

Not sure what I'm going to do about that. Probably see if I can find unbroken ones at a pick-n-pull yard.

Lastly, I ditched the stock spare tire. Mechanism was shot. Had to torch the cable and pull the bolts with the tire in place, then knock it loose.

Picked up these tires:
and these wheels:

but it will probably be next week (due to the holiday) before I can get them in place.
Timberwolf
Cruiser

by Timberwolf » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Tires and lift are on. Alignment done. Lots of positive comments so far :)

Timberwolf
Cruiser

by earlstb » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Looks good brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
earlstb
Cruiser

Name: Dustin