Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Rickalicka18's build

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 am

Ricky's 2006 Trailblazer Ls

Interior mods:
Kicker cs 6-1/2 in front doors
Kicker cs 5-1/4 in back doors
Alpine type s
Pioneer apple carplay stereo
Interior lights multi color
White led map lights
Scanguage II

Exterior mods:
Window tint (5% on all windows except for front two windows which are 35%)
Black windshield visor
Tinted headlights
Leds in headlights and taillights
Lt front bumper
Open mouth Lt style grille
Smoked fog lights with leds
50" led light bar & brackets (Thanks to Mike's brackets)

Suspension mods:
3" markmc lift
87 front springs
Z71 rear springs
Bilstein HD front struts
Bilstein HD rear shocks (tahoe/yukon style)
Panhard bar drop bracket
Flipped UCAs

Tires:
265/70/17 Yokahoma Geolander A/T on 17X9 -12 offset Fuel Hostage Rims

Engine mods:
Hayden transmission oil cooler

Transmisson mods:
Corvette servo

Mods currently being shipped:
POR-15 rust preventive coating, top coat, and metal prep.

To do list:
- Strip new 8.6 rear axle of rust and repaint with POR-15 and maybe rebuild if needed (if not, just changing the diff fluid, replace diff cover with new one.
- New exhaust setup (Not sure what I'm going to go with yet).
- Upgrade intake
- PCM of NC tune
- New taillights (thinking depo brand)
- Front supspension stuff (Balljoints, Tie rods, etc.).
- PCM of NC fan upgrade kit
-Finish my custom headlights with quad toyota corrolla projectors
-

Future mods:

Timeline:
Attachments
IMG_0951.JPG
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Put on my wheel spacers. Took around 3 hrs, had to do it all by hand haha.. Well worth it though. Looks great!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Before
image.jpeg
After
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Just put in the switchback leds. Look great and are actually brighter than the lumen plasma leds I had installed before. These leds are amber when the blinker/emergencies lights are on and are white when the blinkers/emergencies are off. Had to reconnect the blinker wire and bam, switchback leds, and I have my front blinkers back. Love em. Heres a link to where I got them from: http://www.gtrlighting.com/3157-switchb ... -led-bulb/
If you don't have leds already in, two resistors will be requires to make the blinker blink normal and not have hyper flash.

Here's some videos, and pics to come after the storm (sorry for all the snow... I was indeed doing this during a snowstorm):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ahvkAlWIOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqB7l02NgY
Attachments
image.png
Driver side blinker on, passenger not on
image.jpeg
No blinker/emergency light on
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:08 am

More pics of the wheel spacers on :D and my beautiful powerstroke (my daily driver :)) in the background :drool3:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:47 am

Put in putco led low beam headlights. They were bright, but were spotty af, so they were replaced with gtr lighting leds. Brighter than stock though.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Had put leds in for interior map lights(blue) to complement my already installed interior lights(orange). But i took them out because they were annoying and replaced them with white leds which are way nicer. I guess it would be good accent lighting, but not map lights.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Old bumper had broken brackets and support bars and was scratched and I had already bought the open mouth grille, not knowing it was only compatible with the lt and ss bumpers, so I got the lt bumper with fog light brackets so I can also add factory fog lights. Put gtr leds in the fog lights. Painting will be done soon but after all the exterior mods. Anyways pics!
Attachments
image.jpeg
After
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Before
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:07 am

Just a pic of my fogs at night. Wired them up yesterday. They have crappy bulbs in them in the picture, replaced them later with some leds from gtr lighting.. Disregard my shadow...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Some pictures taken on my phone of my vision at night with lights... First picture is my parking lights, which barely do anything. Second picture is of my fog lights with matchbox projectors retrofitted in with opt-7 h1 leds rated at 3500 lumens. Third picture is my headlights with the fog lights. Headlights also have Opt-7 9006 leds and put out 3500 lumens. Fourth picture is highbeam, lowbeams, and fog lights. Highbeams are opt-7 leds also. Fifth picture is all of my lights on which is apparently to bright for my phone... Last two pictures are of my license plate lights and reverse lights which are both leds.

Overall, very happy with my lighting, even though I have spent way too much money on it. Soon to have updated pictures when I finish my custom headlights
Attachments
image.jpeg
Parking lights
image.jpeg
Fog & parking lights
image.jpeg
Low-beam, fog, and parking lights
image.jpeg
High-beam, low-beam, fog, and parking lights
image.jpeg
Lightbar, high-beams, lowbeams, fog, and parking lights
image.jpeg
License plate lights
image.jpeg
Reverse and license plate lights
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 am

Light bar came in today. ONLY mounted in the picture. Hooked it up later that day... But couldn't resist installing it. Brackets are amazing (THANK YOU MIKE). Decided to remove the roof cross bars too.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Lightbar all hooked up! It is BRIGHT... Some pics during the day with the lightbar on. Took a pic of the lightbar at night. The picture does not do it justice.. because its brighter than in the picture. The cabin glare isn't bad.. Might see if a windshield visor will help. If not Oh well... The whistle is noticeable, but I also drive around with my music at full blast all the time.. So it doesn't bother me. Overall, still lovin this lightbar.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:52 am

3" markmc lift, bilstein shocks & struts, z71 rear springs and 87 front springs and transmisson oil cooler going in today!!
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Little sneak peek of the 3" lift, front struts, rear shocks, and stiffer springs installed. Everything went smoothly I guess. Needs to get an alignment done and I'll have it back by the afternoon tomorrow.

Funny little thing that happened.. The guys at the shop were teasing me about putting a lift on a trailblazer, but I go in to see the progress and my trailblazer is full of mud and dirt :lol: . My mechanics comment was "This little shit box goes pretty good". Aside from the "shitbox part" :/ I think they like it now. Anyways, here's a sneak peek:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Loving this thing lifted. Looks sooooooo much better. Now I can call it a truck lol. 36 1/2" from ground to fender in the front and now 37 1/2" to fender in the back. This is all on 245/65/17 tires. Will be getting some bigger tires and new rims. Should give my tb some nice stance.

Heres some night and Foggy day pics after I washed it up at the self wash and this morning.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Got lucky and got a pic next to a stock trailblazer
Attachments
image.jpeg
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Installed led fogs. Noticeably brighter than a nice halogen bulb. Had to do some cutting with a hole saw to make the fan fit... In the third pic the third light below is my work light... Not another light. But other than that, was pretty easy. To bad it had to be 20 degrees out when I was doing it, but whateva. Some pretty crappy pics on my phone of the install!
Attachments
image.jpeg
Bigger hole for the fan
image.jpeg
The bulb inside
image.jpeg
Halogen vs led
image.jpeg
Done
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Doing a projector retrofit for my fog lights and just wanted to show a cool comparison between a morimoto match box projector with a standard h1 halogen bulb rated at about 1,500 lumens (passenger side) and a factory reflector fog light housing with an led 880 bulb rated at 3,600 lumens (drivers side). I think the winner is pretty clear though...

Haven't figured out the winner yet? Well, you can hardly even tell the drivers side fog light is on because the light is just scattered everywhere, so the winner is the projector with the halogen bulb.

Once the leds for the projectors come in I'll doing another comparison.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Got new tires today. Went with 265/70/17 yokahoma geolander a/t. I was supposed to switch rims too, but they are the wrong bolt pattern so I'll need to return them to get the right bolt pattern. Front ground to fender height is 37 3/4 back is 38 1/2 ground to fender. I'll get more pics of different angles but this is what I took for now.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Before
image.jpeg
After
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:01 pm

New project I'm working on. 4 led projectors from a toyota corolla. looking directly above the cutoff you see U shaped light, that's the glare you actually get from theses projectors when you pass a corolla with these led projectors. However, I found where the glare is coming from on the projector. Looking at the pictures of the projector below, the area that is brown is reflecting down to the area that is blue, causing the glare. Paint the blue area black or scratch with sandpaper and the glare is gone with no loss of light output :woot:
Attachments
IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1027.JPG
One projector without glare
IMG_1028.JPG
One led projector with glare
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Heres my secret headlight project that's been in the works for awhile. Wanted to do a custom headlight to keep my tb looking as unique as possible so I decided to use 4 led lowbeam projectors from a toyota corolla. The hard part was getting the projectors in, lots and lots of trimming to the stock reflector and LOTS of jb weld haha. With some skillful dremel cutting though they went in, in a jiffy. From there it was wiring and I decided to just use the stock lowbeam and high beams for the power source (I did the quad beam mod) I've found that in the city really all I need is two of these headlights, quad is cool but they are VERY bright and have a weird glare above the cuttoff (which is what is actually blinding you when you pass a corolla with these headlights, but I fixed it). Anyways other than that all I need to do is make a custom bezel to cover up the internals and align them, which I hope to be able to finish at some point. Anyways heres some pics. Enjoy!
Attachments
IMG_0952.JPG
Side by side comparison, left led projectors, right led headlights
IMG_0866.JPG
Both headlights in and on
IMG_0867.JPG
Both headlights in
IMG_0877.JPG
Painters tape around the headlights so the plastic forms to this shape instead of a random one
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Next

Return to Mall Rated Builds