Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Rickalicka18's build

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Heres my secret headlight project that's been in the works for awhile. Wanted to do a custom headlight to keep my tb looking as unique as possible so I decided to use 4 led lowbeam projectors from a toyota corolla. The hard part was getting the projectors in, lots and lots of trimming to the stock reflector and LOTS of jb weld haha. With some skillful dremel cutting though they went in, in a jiffy. From there it was wiring and I decided to just use the stock lowbeam and high beams for the power source (I did the quad beam mod) I've found that in the city really all I need is two of these headlights, quad is cool but they are VERY bright and have a weird glare above the cuttoff (which is what is actually blinding you when you pass a corolla with these headlights, but I fixed it). Anyways other than that all I need to do is make a custom bezel to cover up the internals and align them, which I hope to be able to finish at some point. Anyways heres some pics. Enjoy!
Attachments
IMG_0952.JPG
Side by side comparison, left led projectors, right led headlights
IMG_0866.JPG
Both headlights in and on
IMG_0867.JPG
Both headlights in
IMG_0877.JPG
Painters tape around the headlights so the plastic forms to this shape instead of a random one
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Picked up an 8.6 rear axle for the TB with 4.10 gears. Going to be sanding it down and painting it with POR-15. Will also be opening it up to see if a rebuild is necessary, if not I'll just change the fluid and install it. Before the install though I'll be doing exhaust and intake. Then end it with a PCM of NC tune...
Attachments
IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Dented up the passenger side of my TB last year trying to offroad where I shouldn't, so I got two used doors and a fender to keep the build looking clean. Just need to strip them down and get them painted then I can switch over the windows (since they're not tinted...), speakers and install them. Will also remove the protective molding on the side. Don't see this getting done until summer time.
Attachments
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:11 am

Some progress on the rear differential. Hit it as well as I could with an angle grinder with a metal brush attachment. Other places I used a scotch brite pad and the POR-15 Metal prep. After that I washed it down good and applied the metal prep again with a rag (had a gallon of it so I thought I might as well apply it generously lol). After It was all clean I applied my first coat of POR-15, let it dry over night, then applied the second coat the next day. Just waiting for the topcoat to come in and I'll put that on. Pretty impressed with it so far.

(The differential will get painted when the new diff cover comes in)
Attachments
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1048.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG
First coat
IMG_1053.JPG
First coat
IMG_1054.JPG
First coat
IMG_1051.JPG