Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Bartredious build 2002 trailblazer

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by bartredious » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Year Make Model: 2002 trailblazer ltz

Drivetrain Specs: 3.42 w g80

Suspension Modifications: mark mc 3" lift

Exterior Modifications: removed bumper cover, bed lined rocker panels, roof rack w/ spare, taped off broken sunroof

Engine Modifications: stock

Interior Modifications: cobra cb, touchscreen deck and sub which is built into a rear storage box for my gear, military surplus rifle crate for carrying guns or whatever else i might feel like throwing in there.

Recovery Equipment: ratchets and the classic tow rope

Electrical Modifications: led lightbar wired into stock fog light wiring.
Last edited by bartredious on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bartredious
Cruiser

Name: Ryland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartredious » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:04 pm

The day I bought it shiny and clean and i wasn't sure where to start to make it into my mean off road machine.

Last edited by bartredious on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bartredious
Cruiser

by bartredious » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:53 pm

First huge mods were a couple additions to the paint job adding a brow of 5% tint and getting rid of plastic bumper cover for a little more clearance up front.

bartredious
Cruiser

by bartredious » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Then finally some good things after saving and saving I acquired a couple bilstein shocks and mark mc 3" front lift and some random blocks off of eBay for the rear (Originally I had ordered a full cheap kit off ebay and it did not work so I had only rear lifted for a few months til I found the lift meister and purchased his front blocks). Also found a set of 31" wide track baja mt's on 15" 6×5.5 rims on craigslist and picked up some 1.5" adaptors and eventually it all came together one weekend.

The tires fit surprisingly well I was nervous after reading that the 15 inch rim and the trailblazer don't alway cooperate but they just fit I will get some pics of the clearance sometime. And I think they look nice as well. :flex dirty:

bartredious
Cruiser

by bartredious » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:54 pm

my current project is fender flares, since i have been warned kindly by the local police force that they dont like my tires and i need to hide them, and also working on a roof rack still is in the rough making but is turning out pretty alright.

found a couple old steel bed frames in a dumpster at work so i grabbed them and began my cutting and grinding.

the base outside frame:

adding in my tire carrier and seeing how the rim fits. still need to invest in a tire:

how it looks from the ground:

to be continued...

well today i finished the rack enough to mount it up on the roof.

predrilled through the rails that were already up there and ran my bolts through.

i bolted it down and its solid need to paint it yet but just am happy to have it up at least will paint it tomorrow night hopefully.

hoping to get lightbar mounted up top sometime soon as well.
Last edited by bartredious on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bartredious
Cruiser

by bartredious » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm

yay fender flares are on now. actually have been for awhile just to lazy to put pics on. they are flexi flares which i dont really like but they were cheap and i have not been pulled over since i put them on. right now they kind of bend in at the bottoms but i plan to cut a piece of aluminum or something to hold them out straight.

rear

front

they come in a roll and you just screw in about 30 screws all the way around to keep it straight they are not the most stylish but they do the job to keep the law off your back and for 50 bucks for all 4 you cant beat that. :thumleft:
bartredious
Cruiser

by bartredious » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm

also reorganized the cargo area today and inventoried what i have in there.

what i have in my mess includes:

- dewalt 20v 1/2" impact and two batteries and a charger - this thing is really sweet i bought it a while back and have used it for everything decided not to buy an air compressor and impact yet because i haven't ran into a bolt yet that this thing doesn't get. removes tires axle bolts all the bolts required to install the lift i definitely recommend this. beats taking a tire off by hand for sure.
- floor jack - will invest in a trail jack soon but just haven't yet.
- 3 ft steel pipe breaker bar/pry bar
- tool box with an assortment of wrenches, sockets, pliers, hammers and screwdrivers.
- bag of ratchet straps
- tow rope
- jumper cables
- spare tire - now on the roof
- military box currently housing a shotgun.
- last but not least one roll of toilet paper because you never know when its gonna be needed in a hurry.

i believe that's about it right now. i have most of the tools in the box to the left will add a door or slide to it someday also has a 12 in sub mounted in the front of it.
bartredious
Cruiser

Return to Mall Rated Builds