Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Zombie Killer's Build - 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LS

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

2003 Cheverolet Trailblazer LS 4.2l Vortec L6

Drivetrain Specs:
3.73 GT4 G80(swap), 4x4.

Suspension Modifications:
285/75R16 (32.8x11.22R16) General Grabber AT2.
Mark MC's 2.5 inch suspension lift, painted blue.

1.5 inch wheel spacers.

Exterior Modifications:
Front bumper cover removed and rebar trimmed.
Waag 3-piece grille guard directly welded to tow hooks, with Custom upgraded upper support bars painted blue.
Shaving of inner fender wall.
Aftermarket one piece grille painted black, with blue painted bowtie.
Blacked out the trailblazer logos, removed the Cheverolet emblems from the rear.
Rhino lined factory wheels black.
Aftermarket Black backed LED taillights smoked out.
Headlight Clearance and corner lights smoked out.
Smoked center brake light and rear reflectors.
Brake calipers painted blue.
Tinted front windows 50%.
Rear diff cover painted blue.
Roof Cargo Basket/Mount for spare.

Engine Modifications:

Drivetrain Modifications:
Rear axle swap to a factory axle with a G80.

Interior Modifications:
Some body color painting to trim pieces on doors.
2 12" punch p2 subs in enclosed dual bandpass box 800watt bridged digital audio amp.
Black and blue seat covers, steering wheel cover.
Interior lighting mods listed in electrical.

Recovery Equipment:

Electrical Modifications:
Blue LED strips in grille.
Blue LED conversion on all interior sockets.
Blue LED lighting inside of sub box.
Blue CCFL under dash florescent lights.
Blue CCFL lighting in center console and rear cup holder.
10,000k HID conversion to low beams.

-------------------------------------------

Last edited by Zombie Killer on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

Name: Sean-Paul
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 pm

Stock the day after i bought it in dec 2012

Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:54 am

The first thing i did was HID conversion (gotta SEE where you go). along with some accent lighting inside.

Last edited by Zombie Killer on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:23 pm

So obviously seems i was going more of the show route with it, and i did some more lighting around the grill and headlights... well, the plan was to throw some 20s on it chrome it out and cruise it. then my wife decided to throw it over the snow bank down a hill and into some trees which brought these about...

also broke out the rear drivers quarter glass but i work at a shop and have lots of contacts so the next day the window and hood were fixed for $200 so not bad,

shortly after the grille arrived

I figured i should add that after 2 tow trucks winched it from both ends back and forth up the hill back over the crest. once it was topside again i checked it for leaks as i had arrived on scene at this point. Everything checked out i fired it up and still no leaks, felt really good. Threw it into 4x4 high and crawled over the snow bank and all the way home with straight alignment and nothing but cosmetic damage. i was super impressed and immediatly told her i was not upset and i was going to be lifting it and wheelin it.
Last edited by Zombie Killer on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Once the grill was installed i did some lighting on it and dent pulling on the quarter panel and put in the under light kit, started to think of just ditching the idea of show truck and just do an off roader, this is about when i found this site instead of trailvoy. got things brewing in my head.

In came the blacking stuff out. Rims, labels and reflectors. and tinted the windows in the front to 50%

Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 pm

speakers upgraded to alpines with tweeters mounted high up front and in rear. 2 12" subs and 800watt amp with blue led's. did some body color painting to interior door panels trim pieces. blue ccfl tube lighting under dash and in center console installed. along with new LED tail lights a few vinyls on the windows and few other minor cosmetic mods.

heres a pic i found while looking around, my old school rwd '90 S10 Blazer Tahoe.

Last edited by Zombie Killer on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Got some new tires, Goodyear Wrangler RT/S 255/70r16 checked them on a conversion calculator and it shows equivelant to 31's and basicly at this point sold myself on lifting it for offroading. and ordered mark mc's 2.5" suspension lift/level kit.

Did some exterior painting to get rid of as much silver, grey & rust colors as i could. Throw some high temp block paint (blue) on the rear diff cover and the brake calipers. under coated with spray bed liner the frame and lower control arms and some other misc locations.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Grabbed a used WAAG grill guard from a guy in town here he had only used it for a short time until he got rid of his TB and the buyer didnt want the guard.
so i grabbed it for $70 looked it up and its like $500 so not too bad only thing, the brackets did not come with so i contacted waag and there was no way to get the brackets they had been discontinued,, so after much deliberation with the guys at my shop we formulated a way to mount it over the factory tow hooks seeing how they are basicly useless for offroad hook location, we reinforced the bolts on the tow hooks and welded the assembly directly to the tops of them along all the seems, i also knowing that there was less stability on the lower end of the assembly now instead of using the weak little upper support metal "stringers" i went and bought a square steel bar that fit directly in between the grille assembly and the factory bumper cover bolt holes, cut them to fit directly snugged up into the mid support on the grille guard placed some bushings between to eliminate any rattle and drilled them out to fit over sized bolts through tapped the stock mount holes to a larger bolt and then welded the support arms into place for more stability.

when came time to remove the finished welded assembly and reinstall the bumper cover, i liked the look of it without the front bumper alot more anyways so i trimmed out the inner fenders and left it was is.

Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:37 pm

After the fact there are a lot of things still to come and i will keep it updated but first i gotta throw out some love to the peeps.

Going up north to the ORV park in may cant friggin' wait.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:50 am

So last weekend i decided to do a little more mod before i leave for the iron range.

Wanted a roof basket so i dont have to risk an iron/mud wheel in my cargo area.

and tidied up the rear with some night-shade spray tint on the rear lights.

Last edited by Zombie Killer on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 am

Some window vent shades for windows front and rear.

planning on 33s soon so i went with some 1.5" spacers.

Today after work i went out and had a little fun, hopefully i can get taken off mall-rated.

Zombie Killer
Cruiser

by Zombie Killer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Put on the 285/75R16 General Grabber AT2 love working at a shop got a set of 4 for $650 and trimmed the front bumper rebar along with some tint over the corner and clearance lights.

Zombie Killer
Cruiser

Return to Mall Rated Builds