Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Axo488"s Build - 2003 Trailblazer

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by axo488 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Year Make Model: 2003 Chevy Trailblazer

Drivetrain Specs: Stock 4x4

Suspension Modifications: 2" ebay front spacer and 1.5" ebay rear spacer

Exterior Modifications: Stock

Engine Modifications: Resonator Delete

Interior Modifications: Child Seat

Recovery Equipment: AAA (just kidding)

Electrical Modifications: Currently a remote start switch 'cause the ECU freaked out and caused the ignition switch to no longer turn the starter.

Last edited by axo488 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Axo488
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you up with experience!
axo488
Cruiser

Name: Paul Allan
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by axo488 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Had the new Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70-16's fitted today. Almost wishing I had gone with the General Grabbers but the ride so far is great and very little noise. MUST have the alignment done this weekend. I also ordered the BDS 5500 rear shocks through my local offroad dealer (RPMoffroad) and should have them in a week or so. Have been considering the Z71 springs but I happened upon a thread from someone at BDS leaving me a bit confused. I cant seem to find the thread again though :x . He seemed to think that the Z71 springs were designed for a much heavier vehicle (unloaded cargo weight that is) than the TB's and didnt allow the shock to perform the way it should. I will pan that out later I suppose. Although I dont "need" them right now I really want some wheel spacers. I feel like its a bit top heavy in everyday road cornering and I suppose they might help that a bit. Just adding the new rubber helped substantially though. Also will be replacing the front struts in the future with Bilstein HD's after much needed help from you guys! Resonator will be removed hopefully over the weekend. I plan on fabing a spare tire holder at work in my spare time but dont expect to have it in the near future so up top with a strap will have to do for now! Here's a few more pics of the lift I used and the new tires. Not even really sure the lift is installed correctly so if anyone sees something I may have missed (besides worn out components which I am well aware of) PM me.
Axo488
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you up with experience!
axo488
Cruiser

Name: Paul Allan
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Mall Rated Builds