Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Sugar16's Build - 2004 GMC Envoy

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Sugar16 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Sugar16's Build - 2004 GMC Envoy
-------------------------------------------

2004 GMC Envoy

Drivetrain Specs:8.6 Rear 3.73 Gears, 265/70R16 guard dog

Suspension Modifications: SkyJacker Rear Shocks, MarkMC Suspension Lift, Massive Traction rear control arms and panhard bar, Front ball joints and bushings Moog, Removed rear sway bar, Z71 Rear Springs

Exterior Modifications: Trim/Badges Removed, H3 Rims, 3" body lift, Roof Rack, Rear Top Lights, Front Top Lights, Rock Sliders

Engine Modifications: "Green" air filter

Interior Modifications: LED Overhead Lights, Second Battery, 2000 Watt Power Inverter, 6 switch panel for exterior lighting.

Recovery Equipment: 3/4 shackles, Smittybilt 9500 Winch, A few straps

Future Mods: Rear bumper, Onboard Air, Onboard Water, A pillar gauge pods, Skid pans
-------------------------------------------
4/12/19 Where it stands today.
Attachments
Bumper Complete side.jpg
Last edited by Sugar16 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
Sugar16
Off-Roader

Name: Jonathan
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Sugar16 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:45 pm

This is still my daily driver and my last car payment is this month.... meaning more money for mods! The first thing was the Suspension lift.

Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

The next step will be to change my Ball joints, control arm bushings and figure out a new strut to use, then I will get the body lift on. When I'm bored I just sit there and look at what I can/want to do, and there is a nice size list. This has been a long time coming and I am just now starting to be able to afford it. There will be more to come.

Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 pm

So far I've have managed to tear my front end all apart. I'm waiting for my lower control arm bushings to come in and it will be back together up front.

I have the rear put in, with the exception of my Z71 springs that need to be installed

Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 am

finally got the front all put back together this weekend. new moog bushings and ball joints in the front. new CV boots, changed out some seals, removed the sway bar and did a little cutting

Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm

A few things have happened since my last post (all those years ago). Installed 3" body lift, bought a roof rack and installed, a few things for the inside which will be posted later on, and also got my MDB Winch Bumper kit built and put on. I plan to do a few more mod's to the bumper like some lights and a hoop for the grille.
Bumper17.jpg
Winch Bumper
Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:55 am

Over the last couple weeks I have gotten a few things done. Added a tube to the front of the bumper and lined it with under coating, changed out the roof rack mounts, mounted and wired up the switch panel for lights, added a second battery, power inverter, wired up the winch, found a spare tire, added some lights to the rear and also got a 8.6 rear axle installed. I have a couple projects in progress right now. Built some rock sliders that are getting installed this weekend, also working on a 2 pod gauge mount for the "A" pillar. Here are a couple of pictures of it along the way.
Attachments
Switch Box.jpg
Gauge 2.jpg
Slider mock on truck 3.jpg
Rear Lights.jpg
New Roof Rack Mount.jpg
Electrical.jpg
Bumper Complete side.jpg
Sugar16
Off-Roader

by Sugar16 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 am

Got the rock sliders put on this weekend. Also went and got a front differential that I am hoping to get installed this week.
Attachments
Rock Slider.jpg
Rock Slider 2.jpg
Sugar16
Off-Roader

Return to Mall Rated Builds