Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

sker13 02' Chevy Trailblazer LTZ 4WD build

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by sker13 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 pm

2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ 4WD
Chevy I6 6 cylinder "straight six"
3.83 rear end ratio with factory G80 lock up

Suspension Mods:
Mark's 3" lift kit.
KYB front struts. I recently chaged them so I saw no reason to spend the money at the moment.
Bilstien 5125 series 10" rear shocks with 255/70 valving
Factory springs for now. I have some Z71 rear springs to instal if I find it nec. For now I like the height and the ride quality of OE.

Exterior Mods:
LTZ two tone paint delete.
18 X 8" wheels. (the OE wheels were in really bad shape when I purchased this vehicle at auction).
Firestone Destination AT 265/65/R18 31.8" tires (these tires did not rub on my vehicle when stock YMMV)
Exhaust Resonator delete.
Magnaflow Exhaust Muffler.
Silvertstar headlamp bulbs.
Aftermarket tail lamps (I am not a fan, price was right at the time)
Aftermarket front grill (plastic fake chrome mesh is fading, price was right ar the time)

Engine Mods:
Volant cold air intake
PCM4LESS Tune.

Interior Mods:
None Yet.

Recovery Equipment:
None Yet:

Future Mods:
3'' Marks body lift
33+'' tire/wheel pkg (probably keep the 18'' wheels and tires for DD and get some 16''/17'' rims with super aggressive tires for trail duty. Or the body lift could make the current 31'' tires look ridiculously small.)
radiator and oil pan skids (MDB)
Winch/body lift bumper (MDB)
Massive rear control arms and panard bar
Rock Sliders (OE running board delete)
Cabin Air filter mod
Rear sway bar delete
Front sway bar quick disco links

I am also doing a full motorcycle restoration right now so time and funds will dictate the speed of completion of future mods.
sker13
Cruiser

Name: Sterling
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Mall Rated Builds