Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Bigbadbowtie088's build thread

Builds classified as Mall Rated have minimal modifications, or their owners have not posted trail reports to progress through the ranking system. If you are going to start a build thread, you must start it here. If it is not correct per your rank, please PM a moderator.

Moderator: navigator

by Bigbadbowtie088 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:25 pm

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
2WD, no G80
Suspension: Z71 rear coil springs, 2.5" Suspension Maxx leveling kit in front.

Exterior: Roof rack, offroad light bar mounted to the rails on the roof. Two lights facing the rear of the truck on the back of the roof rack, Aluminum oil pan skid plate, vent visors, 4' whip antenna mounted to the roof rack.

Interior: LED switches mounted on the dash, Scanner/weather radio, CB radio, ext speaker, Mag light mount added to the center console, momentary switch inside center console to change rear LED patterns, momentary switch mounted under the dash for changing the front LED flash patterns.
Recovery Equipment: always at least one tow strap in the vehicle plus D links. D links and tow rope often carried
come along just in case.

Electrical Modifications: Scanner/weather radio, CB radio, Alpine head unit, Aux line runs to my mp3 player which attatches near the dash, 12" enclosed sub, fog lights, rear lights on rack, front offroad lights on light bar.

I'll go into more detail, this is just the beginning. I sure have a whole lot of catching up to do!

TrailBlazer as of March 2012
Last edited by Bigbadbowtie088 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbadbowtie088
RIP

Name: Brandon Walker
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Bigbadbowtie088 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:52 am

I am running two amber/clear LEDs in the rear, just inside the back glass. I have a state permit for my emergency lights, I do disaster relief and I am also a trained storm spotter, so some lights in the back were a must to get people's attention so they slow down and also so they don't mow me down while I'm stopped on the side of the road.

Rear install: Image
Other than seeing me shooting, you can see the placement of my rear LEDs. All wires are nicely tucked above the headliner so it is a nice clean install. Image
After a tornado went through Rome, GA I responded with my saws and got there before daylight. Came up on this huge oak tree that was completely across the road, so here is a shot of my rear lights at night

Front lights: Two amber and clear split LEDs mounted behind the grille, and two clear/clear LEDs mounted on the actual brushguard, I refer to it as a push bumper.. seeing how it has been used for that more than anything else.
Mounting hardware for the front LEDs! Image

I'll go ahead and include my Emergency electronics as well,
This is the scanner and weather radio antenna that I have mounted on the drivers side.
Switches for my emergency lighting.

Emergency gear that is kept in the truck at all times.
There's a whole lot more than what is pictured. Cody can testify for me lol.

This would be from Cody and my first off road trip together. It was marked as a road, later we found out it was a horse trail. just some of the results:
2nd trip with Cody.. went much better!
My skidplate that Mike Built! This thing is rock solid! .. If you don't have one.. get one!

Alright so that's it for tonight. Oh for any of my videos on youtube simply search trailblazer343 (yes Scuba Steve's Debut is on there)
Bigbadbowtie088
RIP

Name: Brandon Walker
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Gordinho80 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 am

Please update your initial post to follow the guide linked at the top of the page. Put all other information in the replies
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Mall Rated Builds