Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

front differential problems

G80, GU6, GT4, GT5, WTF? This section is for gearing and driveline stuff.

by GiedriusZ » Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

from the front differential ran the oil. I decided to change the sealant. but I found a completely different sealant in previous masters work :(. In the picture you can see what should be the sealant in the center of pic. And on the right of pic was the sealant that was inserted. maybe you know the strength o has to be tightened bearing in photo on the left. because when I took out the sealant the bearing fell out. but it may be that we will need to change all the bearings and dentures, since I ran with a non-curved bearing. and now there is a sound from the gear unit when I turn on 4wd.
Attachments
32293857_1895780007120418_6815281953860747264_n.jpg
Giedrius, Lithuania
------------------
Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, 4x4
GiedriusZ
Cruiser

Name: Giedrius
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Sat May 12, 2018 11:13 pm

I don't think there's a torque spec for the bearing adjuster. It's technically supposed to be set during gear adjustment. If it is making noise, I'd probably suggest pulling the diff and going through the setting procedure. Start at step 4: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5441

However, we can probably assume the opposite side seal is still stock and the adjuster hasn't rotated. If you tighten the driver side adjuster all the way down and then turn it one more notch, it may be acceptable.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Differentials / Axles