Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

SS rearend w/ Massive

G80, GU6, GT4, GT5, WTF? This section is for gearing and driveline stuff.

by jdmser » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:24 pm

I'm getting ready to put the trigger a the Massive kit but, wanted to get some input before I do. To the guys that have it installed, how's it holding up/was it worth it? To the guys with the ss rearend, is it possible to pushing the axle back enough to not shorten the driveshaft?
jdmser
Cruiser

Name: Tom
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:22 am

No idea on Massive stuff.

SS rear: I do not think you will be able to without hitting the body elsewhere. My control arms are about 1/2 inch extended and I still needed 1.5 inches chopped on the shaft.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Grimor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:56 am

i only took about 3/4" off the drive shaft on stock arms. it'd of been pretty close just moving the rear back with the massive kit. would probably need to trim.

EDIT: My bad i took 1.75" off...
Grimor
Trail-Blazer

Name: Dennis
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Regulator1175 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 am

I am running the Massive arms and pan hard bar. I have had them for 2 years and just now starting to see some rust showing. I have beat on the lowers pretty good and they are holding up well. I pushed the SS axle back 1.5" and am running the stock length drive shaft. I did have to do some trimming to the plastic, but it worked out ok.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by jdmser » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

I just wanted to update this real quick. I measured the 8.6 and the 9.5 from axle tube center to yoke face. The 9.5 was just a touch over an inch longer than the 8.6. I set the controls to an inch longer than stock, which was what I needed to center my axle. Then measured the drive shaft, installed it, marked the slip yoke, took it to the drive shaft builder. He was happy with the length. Also, the Massive controls fit great and came with covers over the heims. The panhard did not clear the rear diff cover so I'll be making brackets to push it back.
jdmser
Cruiser

Name: Tom
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to Differentials / Axles