Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

What does G80 stand for?

G80, GU6, GT4, GT5, WTF? This section is for gearing and driveline stuff.

by fishsticks » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm

The Roadie wrote:
fishsticks wrote:My post was intended to be the short version of that.
Your WHAT was supposed to be a short version of my WHERE? :shock: Hootus, I presume..... :poke:

When was Herculiner mentioned in this thread?!
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by ki3dragon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:46 pm

fishsticks wrote: I like Lake ORTB. It's full of my shit and I'm comfortable here. :finger:

Trust me, you have no idea what kind of asshole I can be. Now, please remove the sand from your vagina and use the search function. :work:

Oh, and read Roadie's little blurb above. My post was intended to be the short version of that.

Fish, I havent asked a question. Can you please tell me what it was I was supposed to look for?

OH! GOOD NEWS.... I HAVE A G80.... At least I think that is good news. See I already learned something about my truck from this forum and you ass holes didnt even answer a question I didnt ask. :finger: My fingers I think are going to be getting a lot of use here.
ki3dragon
Cruiser

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Very good news if you take the truck off road.

Update your profile so we all know you have the big locked balls.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by fishsticks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

JamesDowning wrote: locked balls.

This sounds painful.

ki3dragon wrote:Fish, I havent asked a question. Can you please tell me what it was I was supposed to look for?

Preemptive strike. Observe:

ki3dragon wrote:I am looking forward to asking lots of questions here. :finger: :)

:poke: :finger:

I like this guy. :mrgreen: :friday:
fishsticks

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 am

I love threads like this. People either pass the test or self-destruct. :lurk: :lurk:
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by ki3dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:36 am

JamesDowning wrote:Very good news if you take the truck off road.

Update your profile so we all know you have the big locked balls.

JD, This ain't my first 4X4. Ive owned 4X4s since I was 20 and I am twice your posted age. I am here take advantage of the reason you founded JD.offroadtb.com or this forum I presume,... Not to show how big my "locked balls" are. Not now.

There is a lot of good TB information here and I want to absorb as much as I can right now and plan. I don't have money to waste when I have any at all and I need to do things right the first time. Like you I have to use my 2005 TB for commuting, 70 miles a work day for me. I have to keep that in mind for my mods.

When I get ready I will give into you fantasy's and will update my profile and create a build tread so you can see my locked Balls. :D
:excited: I found this forum
ki3dragon
Cruiser

by MrSmithsTB » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 am

Double post :finger:
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by fishsticks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 am

He changed his profile. I can see his locked balls...

:shock:

:puker:
fishsticks

by ki3dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:12 am

fishsticks wrote:He changed his profile. I can see his locked balls...

:shock:

:puker:

YEESSS! You know you like em!
ki3dragon
Cruiser

by Trail X » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:46 am

I wasn't asking to see how ballsy you will be with your truck... I was confirming your statement below.

ki3dragon wrote:At least I think that is good news.

We sometimes refer to the rear differential as the truck's nuts.

I believe I got caught in your stereotype filter. ;)

I think Brick said it best in Anchorman.

Trail X
Founder

by ki3dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:48 am

Yea I figured that one out JD and yes I guess you did. Learned something else I did.

Sorry. If I seem to be yelling it's because when I joined I did a SEARCH for things I was looking for an answer to and all I saw was your veterans here hazing people asking legitimate questions before some kind member came along and helpfully advised the questioner. Personally I fail to see how the "philosophy" being promoted by some of your veterans here will not lead to trouble on the trail when some inexperienced person in a group gets in trouble and people are having to stop and assist. Could even be the difference between life and death. In other words that philosophy could cause exactly what you hope to prevent.

Good luck on that.

I'm on to what I am here for... Information and Ideas. Taken my dash apart this morning to see why my light switch is not working. All I have is DTR lights.
ki3dragon
Cruiser

by Gordinho80 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:06 am

ki3dragon wrote:Sorry. If I seem to be yelling it's because when I joined I did a SEARCH for things I was looking for an answer to and all I saw was your veterans here hazing people asking legitimate questions before some kind member came along and helpfully advised the questioner.

The reason the search results were like that is because of all the new posts that are made instead of searching for the basic info. The threads with the real data have all been pushed back because of all of the new posts. As stated, we don't mind helping people out... I think we are actually pretty strong as a community and the majority of our members are more then willing to assist others as much as possible. When new members come on here and right away post "What lifts are availbale?" without searching... thats just messed up. We have sticky posts in some sections with tons of valuable information that is completely overlooked by these people. Some even flat out say that they refuse to search and they just want the answer... we're not here to spoon feed every single person.

ki3dragon wrote:Personally I fail to see how the "philosophy" being promoted by some of your veterans here will not lead to trouble on the trail when some inexperienced person in a group gets in trouble and people are having to stop and assist. Could even be the difference between life and death. In other words that philosophy could cause exactly what you hope to prevent.

The trail is a different environment. Those who are willing to join in trail rides show some initiative and sense of knowledge of both the platform and of off-roading. We're not going to let someone get stuck and then say, "OK, figure it out." Thats not what we do. We haze on here more so to weed out the mall cruisers. Yes, they still manage to find their way over here, but we generally catch them early on.

Good luck with the light switch. I don't think that has been covered here yet, so go ahead and post a thread on it if you have any questions.... :cheers:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 am

We're here to help, but also to promote independence.

I think you're looking at the philosophy backwards. We want you to learn your own skills, so if YOU get stuck on the trail alone, you won't freak out because you don't have someone to tell you exactly what to do (not that YOU will, but some people would).

For instance - I once came across a jeep that had slightly slipped down the side of the trail. It would have been easily recoverable with a few pieces of recovery gear... however the jeep was abandoned because - I assume - the driver wasn't properly prepared and wasn't in the mindset of "I can figure this out". Instead he decided to walk (or maybe hitchhike) the 25 miles back to the closest town.

My fellow members mean well, some of them are just grouchy. So let me be the first to actually welcome you to the site. :mrgreen: Glad you're here to offer up your own unique banter.
Trail X
Founder

by ki3dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 am

No I have not found anything on the light switch here. Thanks for the welcome and I am already enjoying my time here. :cheers:
ki3dragon
Cruiser

by The Roadie » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Gordinho80 wrote:...
The trail is a different environment. ...
Right on! The trail can be a total immersion learning experience. We took Nick Norie out with relatively small tires and 2WD, found a trail in Big Bear at a level that I used to consider beyond my ability to get down unscathed, and with spotting and taking it slow, managed to get him down the EXTREME lumpy rock waterfall without even banging his frame, bending his rocker panels (no rock sliders) or breaking out the bridging ladders. Now he KNOWS he can get down a similar obstacle, but if he was on his own it would require him to get out every 2 feet and self-spot. Phil was on the same trip, with 4WD but no G80, and he got stuck a couple of places that Nick (with his G80 and some momentum) conquered. Now Phil knows his limitations better, and can choose lines that might be better for his specific equipment. Teebes and I have had some real recovery adventures together, one above 9000 feet on Wheeler Ridge in CA that was truly puckering. (My lapse in judgment even going on a loose part of an ATV trail with a 4000"+ dropoff I was sliding towards.)

But we would not have even considered taking somebody on these trips if they weren't interested in learning, have a sense of curiosity, and shunned the mall. :shoot:
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

Previous

Return to Differentials / Axles