Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

MOD: Whelen HAW Strobe Kit

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by janesy86 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I work in the construction industry, always in quarries, at asphalt and RMC plants and since either a strobe beacon or strobes are required I decided to go with strobes in my fog lights and reverse lights.

I did have a beacon supplied by work, but was sick of always getting out and throwing it on my roof and scratching it all up. Plus HAW strobes are much cooler so I looked on eBay and found a Whelen 60 watt strobe kit for super cheap.

Spent this past weekend running all the cables, drilling the holes in the lights, and putting in a couple switches for them on my switch panel on my overhead console. It was a little more work than I had originally thought it would be to install. mostly because I hate electrical work, but overall it went pretty smooth. Also took my time to make every cable hidden and as stock as possible.

Still have a bit of cleaning up to do with the cables under the rear seat and some playing around with the different flash patterns to get the one I like, but I'll do that over the weekend when I get some spare time.

So on to the pics... And a couple vids if I can figure that out.

From the rear

From the front

Switch panel

Strobe pack hidden under seat
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 am

Finally... a use for the stock fog lights!!

Looks good.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Electrical / Radios