Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Some weird things going on...

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:22 pm

So since monday this week I've been getting in my tb after work (it usually sits at my dads from 8:00 to 5:00) and I go to start it to let it warm up, turn the fog lights on.... And nothing. So tuesday I Popped the hood and looked at the relay. All I can see is blue powder inside the relay all over the connections... Clean It up and put it back in and it works... Yesterday go to turn it on after I get out of work... Nothing... So I take the relay from my lightbar (happens to be the exact same relay) and the lights turn on again. Now I go to turn them on today with the lightbar relay and NOTHING..... So I look at the relay and see blue powder, again, all over the connections... :wallbash: :wallbash:

Anyone know why this keeps happening?? Bad ground? Dirty power? The relays sit right behind my drivers side headlights and its not like they're getting covered in road salt or anything.... In my area they pretty much drown the road with salt too.. It's also been VERY windy lately.... But my trailblazer only sees the wind during the day, other than that its in a garage..

Another weird issue. I was going to pick my brother up from school and I go to get out, and the door is locked... Go to unlock it manually and it won't unlocked still. So I got out on the passenger side and tried using my key and It took a couple tries to unlock the door... Then I go to lock it and the drivers door stays unlocked. Go to lock it manually and it springs back... Getting pissed off at it... I walk away and get my brother get in and the locks function normally... So Is this linked to the issue with the driver side controls recall? I've had problems with it before, but only the windows not going down...

Any help is appreciated.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by v7guy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:37 pm

disregard lol
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Yeah the problem is the relays... Full of salt.. In my defense it was dark out.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

Return to Electrical / Radios