Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Midland 75-822

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by moose1 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Looking for a hand held cb and the Midland seems to be the best for my needs. i see a few have this model and wanted to see if they are liked. ad's say expected range under a mile with flex antena up to 4 miles on magnetic. I would like to hook up a whip on the TB and still be able to take it on the quads. is this a good radio or does anyone have knowledge of a better hand held?
moose1
Off-Roader

Name: kevin
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartonmd » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:45 am

I have that one as a spare/backup. It works fine as a handheld, but the input amp is so high on it that I can't hear people until they're like 1/4 mile away, when it's hooked up to the vehicle antenna. It's just garbled up and over-saturated when people with well-tuned radios are closer than that (i.e. on the trail).

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by moose1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:19 pm

thanks, it has sparked my intrest enough to throw it on the xmas list for the wife. i like the idea of switching between vehicles and not having to mount a big box unit. if i find i need more range i will just do the same and move it to a back up unit.
moose1
Off-Roader

Name: kevin
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Electrical / Radios