Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Custom Brackets for Curved 50" LED Light Bar

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by southernrootz93 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:24 am

I'm about to order a 50 curved light bar for my 06 TB and I want to know how I could get a set of your mounts?
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
southernrootz93
Cruiser

Name: Gunner Gowan
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HawkTown28 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:35 am

southernrootz93 wrote:I'm about to order a 50 curved light bar for my 06 TB and I want to know how I could get a set of your mounts?
76grinch wrote::Iagree: I will buy a set even though I don't have a led bar yet. If you are hoping to sell these I would contact http://www.roughcountry.com to see if they will buy the design

Sorry I haven't responded in a while, I've been very busy with school and work. I am now starting to produce and sell the brackets. I will be selling them on Ebay. I have 4 sets ready to be put on ebay, but there are several people already looking to buy them. I will post either on this thread or make a new topic when they are available and how to find them on ebay. If my first batch sells out and there is still interest I will make more as required. Feel free to PM me with any questions or if you want a pair of brackets.
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies.
HawkTown28

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Chris68chevy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Just ordered a set of the light bar brackets tonight. I'll be sure to let everyone know my results with them. And I look forward to further testing them out.
Chris68chevy

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by tommyboy831 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 pm

I am very interested in purchasing a set if you could share the ebay link
tommyboy831

Name: Thomas
Vehicle Year: 2003

by Trail X » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 am

Miachael, it sounds like we should be turning you into a Vendor at this point. Email me at jd at offroadtb.com please.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HawkTown28 » Fri May 08, 2015 12:42 pm

tommyboy831 wrote:I am very interested in purchasing a set if you could share the ebay link

Here's the link to my newly posted Ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/261880904841?
I sold the first four sets I had made, I just completed 5 new sets but one is already taken so I have four available on my listing. They are $70 free shipping. So far on my first batch of mounts I have had very good feedback and people are very happy with the way they turned out. if you have any other questions let me know here or through email here or through Ebay.

Trail X wrote:Miachael, it sounds like we should be turning you into a Vendor at this point. Email me at jd at offroadtb.com please.

Sounds good james, I will email you soon.
HawkTown28

by maricard » Fri May 08, 2015 2:07 pm

Can you ship it in Canada?
Unfortunately I'don't have access to your ebay listing. Maybe because you send it just in US!
If it's possible to ship it in Canada, which post services do you use and how much.
Thank
_____LESS IS MORE_____

Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

My build thread : viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5892
maricard
Off-Roader

Name: Marc-Antoine

by Eredin » Fri May 08, 2015 2:34 pm

The brackets turned out very well. The bar I got actually had large mounting bolts, so I had to drill out the brackets just a bit. Definitely not a fault of the bracket design from Michael. Mounting was easy, no issues thus far.
Attachments
lightbar.jpg
1988 Pontiac GTA WS6 - LSX Swap

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb

by maricard » Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 pm

This is really nice....
_____LESS IS MORE_____

Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

My build thread : viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5892
maricard
Off-Roader

Name: Marc-Antoine

by HawkTown28 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:02 pm

maricard wrote:This is really nice....
maricard wrote:Can you ship it in Canada?
Unfortunately I'don't have access to your ebay listing. Maybe because you send it just in US!
If it's possible to ship it in Canada, which post services do you use and how much.
Thank

I just changed my shipping options to US and Canada. So hopefully you can view the page now. Honestly I didn't realize that I had it listed to only ship to the US. I did add a shipping cost of $15 to go to Canada though since shipping to Canada is very pricy. But since I usually offer free shipping I covered an equal amount of the Canada shipping. I ship through USPS using flat rate padded envelopes. I appreciate the interest, and thank you for the complement, it means a lot.

Eredin wrote:The brackets turned out very well. The bar I got actually had large mounting bolts, so I had to drill out the brackets just a bit. Definitely not a fault of the bracket design from Michael. Mounting was easy, no issues thus far.

Thanks for the good review I greatly appreciate it. Sorry about the size of the bolt holes for the light bar, all lightbars I have worked with were that size, but I guess it is better that they were smaller and were able to simply be drilled out. Glad to hear it all worked out and that you are happy with how it turned out. Your Trailblazer is looking awesome, I appreciate your business!
HawkTown28

by Eredin » Sun May 10, 2015 11:47 am

Thanks! No need to apologize, you can't anticipate everything on the market and it was a 1 minute fix. :thumright:

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

by Trail X » Mon May 11, 2015 11:53 am

Eredin wrote:The brackets turned out very well. The bar I got actually had large mounting bolts, so I had to drill out the brackets just a bit. Definitely not a fault of the bracket design from Michael. Mounting was easy, no issues thus far.

Man, that does look pretty bad ass!
Trail X
Founder

by HawkTown28 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:00 am

Eredin wrote:Thanks! No need to apologize, you can't anticipate everything on the market and it was a 1 minute fix. :thumright:

No problem man, and Thanks for understanding. If you don't mind can I post a picture of your trailblazer on my instagram page?

Trail X wrote:

Man, that does look pretty bad ass!

glad to hear you like the way it looks James :thumleft:
HawkTown28

by Trail X » Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 am

How's the glare on the dash and windshield? I really struggled with that until I put a visor under the light.
Trail X
Founder

by Eredin » Tue May 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Michael,
No problem at all, you're welcome to it.

James,
It's moderate, I'll try to remember to get some pictures tonight. I definitely want to create a visor of some sort for it, but haven't figured out how to tackle that yet with it being curved, nor have I vested much time into it since working on the tire carrier. The output is great, good range, exactly what I wanted for traveling at night as we have over populated deer, but the feedback into the cab cuts down on visibility more than I want. It would be perfect for trails, however, in it's current form. The light in front of the vehicle, for 50ish feet, is phenomenal. The wind whistle is also decent at 40+, but I have some weather striping to apply to the lower fin to keep the excess air from reaching the upper fins, which should eliminate the problem. I'll report back when I can get that done.
Last edited by Eredin on Tue May 12, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

by HawkTown28 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:39 pm

Eredin wrote:Michael,
No problem at all, you're welcome to it.

James,
It's moderate, I'll try to remember to get some pictures tonight. I definitely want to create a visor of some sort for it, but haven't figured out how to tackle that yet with it being curved, nor have I vested much time into it since working on the tire carrier. The output is great, good range, exactly what I wanted for traveling at night as we have over populated deer, but the feedback into the cab cuts down on visibility more than I want. It would be perfect for trails, however, in it's current form. The light in front of the vehicle, for 50ish feet, is phenomenal. The wind whistle is also decent at 40+, but I have some weather striping to apply to the lower fan to keep the excess air from reaching the upper fins, which should eliminate the problem. I'll report back when I can get that done.

Alright cool thanks. That's kinda funny that you say you have wind noise at 40+, because I get some from 20 to 45, then after that it makes none. I do get some glare l, but it's not bad as long as the windshield is fairly clean.
HawkTown28

by Eredin » Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Most of the lightbars are different. The nicer, high dollar ones supposedly have better reflectors that have a more true spot/flood angle that prevents as much glare. I've seen some advertised at 12 degrees for spots. I can deal with some glare for the price I paid.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

by Eredin » Wed May 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Didn't get pics last night, got side tracked with an 8.8/4.88/spring swap on a YJ until about 5AM this morning. I did get the door striping applied to the bar, which resolved the whistle instantly. I can actually hear just the wind noise now, which is so minimal it's not noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. I'm not sure how long the adhesive will hold with our upcoming 95 degree days, but we shall see. Well worth $5 thus far.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

by HawkTown28 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:14 am

Eredin wrote:Didn't get pics last night, got side tracked with an 8.8/4.88/spring swap on a YJ until about 5AM this morning. I did get the door striping applied to the bar, which resolved the whistle instantly. I can actually hear just the wind noise now, which is so minimal it's not noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. I'm not sure how long the adhesive will hold with our upcoming 95 degree days, but we shall see. Well worth $5 thus far.

Did you just put the weather stripping along the bottom of the light bar? Because mine kinda whistles at lower speeds. Is the noise yours was making a whistle or more like a harmonic noise? When I first put mine in I had to put rubber tubing in between the fins to keep them from vibrating and making this like harmonic noise. I mentioned it in my original post.
HawkTown28

by Eredin » Thu May 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Mine actually only suffered from the resonance problem on the first 10 minutes of road use. After that, it was purely wind noise with the excess amount being forced between the bar and windshield. Thus far, I have not had to run any isolators, only the weather stripping. I attached this to the lowest fin, not the lowest spot on the bar. That way, the bar takes the initial impact from the wind and then flows over the weather stripping. Honestly, either way would probably work, but this keeps the stripping from taking additional wear.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical / Radios