Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Custom Brackets for Curved 50" LED Light Bar

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by Opeth » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

Are you still making these? I would like to snag a set.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by pduarte12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:01 am

Interested in your product. Email me for ordering info! Thanks!
pduarte12

Name: Paul Duarte
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by HawkTown28 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:08 pm

pduarte12 wrote:Interested in your product. Email me for ordering info! Thanks!

Opeth wrote:Are you still making these? I would like to snag a set.

Yes I'm still making these, although I believe both of you have already found my ebay and have bought brackets.

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me or email me at msrobertjr@gmail.com. thanks.
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies.
HawkTown28

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004

by chazpages » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Hey guys, these are up now...snagged a set myself last night, and ordered a 50" bar!

Let there be light!!!

Whats crazy is I literally JUST ordered a 24" led bar for the lower bumper...and then some searching led me to this!

I'll have photos/video once its installed
chazpages
Cruiser

Name: Charles
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by maricard » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 pm

chazpages wrote:Hey guys, these are up now...snagged a set myself last night, and ordered a 50" bar!

Let there be light!!!

Whats crazy is I literally JUST ordered a 24" led bar for the lower bumper...and then some searching led me to this!

I'll have photos/video once its installed

I did the same thing as you this evening!
:D :D :D :D

50" bar & bracket
_____LESS IS MORE_____

Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

My build thread : viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5892
maricard
Off-Roader

Name: Marc-Antoine
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Rickalicka18 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:21 pm

Im suppose to be gathering what I need for lifting my tb :wallbash: ... But instead I bought these brackets and a 50" light bar :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... OH WELL. This will be so worth it.

Edit: everthing is installed. Loving this lightbar. Thankyou mike! I would have never put one in if he didn't make these wonderful brackets
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by chazpages » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:31 pm

opened up my mail yesterday and found my brackets! I'll be installing them tomorrow, and my lightbar gets here on Monday.

I think I will be out exploring the darkness just because on Monday night...
chazpages
Cruiser

by chazpages » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:18 pm

got my bar mounted up, its sick! Ridiculously bright...

However, this thing HOWLS like a mofo haha. So look up "lightbar whistle fixes" and go with one of those.

Note: The Howl/whistle is NOT from the mount, its from the lightbar. Pretty common issue with led lightbar users.

I'll personally be going with some tubing shoved in between the fins of the bar, and I'll report back about my success.
chazpages
Cruiser

by chazpages » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:01 pm

chazpages
Cruiser

by Rickalicka18 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:32 pm

chazpages wrote:got my bar mounted up, its sick! Ridiculously bright...

However, this thing HOWLS like a mofo haha. So look up "lightbar whistle fixes" and go with one of those.

Note: The Howl/whistle is NOT from the mount, its from the lightbar. Pretty common issue with led lightbar users.

I'll personally be going with some tubing shoved in between the fins of the bar, and I'll report back about my success.

I had the same problem.. But the louder my music gets the sound just seems to go away :). Your light bar looks awesome man and looks very bright! Hows the glare on the windshield?
Rickalicka18
Addict

by chazpages » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Rickalicka18 wrote:
chazpages wrote:got my bar mounted up, its sick! Ridiculously bright...

I had the same problem.. But the louder my music gets the sound just seems to go away :). Your light bar looks awesome man and looks very bright! Hows the glare on the windshield?

not bad, I think keeping the windshield reasonably clean is going to be the key. But the short time I drove around with it, I wasn't bugged by it. And my tb is green, and although the hood is a little lit up, it wasn't blinding by any means.

I still haven't messed with the whistle noise yet, so no updates on that lol.
chazpages
Cruiser

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 pm

My windshield is mad dirty haha... My biggest problem is it reflecting off the dashboard. I saw someone on ebay selling 50" visors, might be worth a try. I can't get rid of my whistle also.. But it sounds like a turbo whistle so I kind of like it.......
Rickalicka18
Addict

by fishcreek » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:04 am

You guys have any tip on where to route the harness? Pictures? Thanks
fishcreek

Name: Carl
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Chris68chevy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:38 am

fishcreek wrote:You guys have any tip on where to route the harness? Pictures? Thanks

I routed my wires down the windshield weather stripping and into my engine bay. Then from there I ran it to the battery, relay, and then through the firewall to my switch.
Chris68chevy

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Rickalicka18 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:35 pm

:Iagree: I did it the exact same way. Doesn't pinch the wire or compromise the weather striping. Only hard part will be getting wire through the firewall for the switch (not for me though, my firewall has many wires passed through it.. Like throwin a hot dog down a hall way :lol: )
Last edited by Rickalicka18 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by blazinltz96 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Are these still available for purchase? They look killer!
blazinltz96
Cruiser

Name: Nick Paul

by Rickalicka18 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:14 pm

I believe they are.. Mike left his email somewhere in this thread so just email him and ask. here's his email: msrobertjr@gmail.com. His ebay Links here: http://m.ebay.com/itm/Trailblazer-Light ... ING_ACTIVE

Also. Not suppose to comment on build threads. Its okay though, I've done it before :)
Rickalicka18
Addict

by chazpages » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 pm

bump! So I needed to take the kid to the snow, and hadn't ordered the wind/noise isolators yet...so I jammed a bunch of rubber tubing in between the fins to help with whistle/noise for our trip. They worked pretty well, but it still makes noise sometimes depending on the direction of wind while driving.

I'll report back once I have the official wind/noise vibration dampners installed.

I DID confirm that some/most/all? of the noise is from vibrations-I drove around 40mph and put my hand on the bar and could feel the bottom fins vibrating(which is why I chose to jam rubber tubing in between the fins for the time being). I don't yet know how much noise just comes from wind. I'll find out once the dampners are installed.
chazpages
Cruiser

by Rickalicka18 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:38 pm

chazpages wrote:bump! So I needed to take the kid to the snow, and hadn't ordered the wind/noise isolators yet...so I jammed a bunch of rubber tubing in between the fins to help with whistle/noise for our trip. They worked pretty well, but it still makes noise sometimes depending on the direction of wind while driving.

I'll report back once I have the official wind/noise vibration dampners installed.

I DID confirm that some/most/all? of the noise is from vibrations-I drove around 40mph and put my hand on the bar and could feel the bottom fins vibrating(which is why I chose to jam rubber tubing in between the fins for the time being). I don't yet know how much noise just comes from wind. I'll find out once the dampners are installed.

Let me know how that goes and what you did! I get a very intense ringing noise at 50mph and again at 55mph. Other than that the noise isn't that bothersome or its just whistling, but if its easy and inexpensive to get rid of it I'd love to know what would get rid of it. I've tried the foam thing and like you said the noise still occurs.
Rickalicka18
Addict

by Rickalicka18 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:56 pm

Recently put in the noise isolators and It got rid of that high pitch noise i hear around 50-60mph. Still got a whistle though, could be coming from the brackets..
Rickalicka18
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Electrical / Radios