Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Has anyone used Jet's SCU2000 speedometer correction module?

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by rob03tb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 am

I ran accross this Jet module to correct speedo error with tall tires or gear changes. Has anyone tried this yet?
I tried searching the forum for it but came up emtpy.

Jet SCU 2000 part# 50100 listed for 200. Amazon has it for 139 I think.

http://www.jetchip.com/shop/shopdisplay ... =10&vall=1
rob03tb
Cruiser

Name: Rob
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by v7guy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:18 am

I don't recall anyone here trying it. There has been some discussion about speedo correction and one member was having trouble with another brand.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by dirty anton » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:57 am

gonna use a friend of mines next week sometime. will let you know how that works out.
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

Name: mike
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by dirty anton » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 pm

installing the jet performance scu 2000 i noticed the color coded wires on the plug end were reversed. tried it anyway and it didnt work so reversed the wires so it matched the gm vss and also reversed the wires going back to computer in order to make it work. once i had it working i dialed in the stock settings and then modified settings and it was exactly on with the gps speed. maybe i just had a fluke with the wiring issue. have to say its a very nice product and was very happy with everything and then on the second trip i got another engine light. pulled the unit out of the vss and have bin driving it a few days and no engine light. probably just gonna deal with it how it is. i am kinda liking when the truck shifts a little early since i have 4.88 gears except sometimes when it shifts to early to 4th so i usually manually control that. if the speedo gets to be a pain i could always try puting the corrector after the computer right before it goes to speedometer. these issues i am having may just be my issues possibly since the whole 4 wheel drive system has bin taken out and replaced with a manual system. curious if anyone has had good results with any of the speedo correctors. pcm for less said if i didnt like my shift points they could tune that in which is a nice option. i talked to 4 different chevy service dept techs about re tuning for my gears and tires and 2 said no way,1 said hugh? what?.......let me call you back....and another said possible to tune for gears only but wasnt sure.as alot of us know 02 thru 05 tbs cant be tuned by places like pcm for less and we have fewer options. anyone know the lowest gear option from the factory is? be cool to at least get a 410 factory pcm to get me in the ball park. sorry again for long post....
Last edited by dirty anton on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by dirty anton » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

looks like that year you could get 342 373 and 410 gear ratios. maybe find a pcm for factory 410s, that may knock off a few miles an hour. instead of 10 over i will be around 4 or 5 maybe.
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by v7guy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:08 am

Could we just get an ecm from a 06 up trailblazer and use it on the earlier model, then program it for the gears/tires?
Maybe the pinout or connectors are different?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by dirty anton » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:49 am

i dont know if it would be that easy. would be nice though right. looks like different harness
dirty anton
Trail-Blazer

by djthumper » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:12 pm

I think it would be easier to just get an 06 or newer and transfer everything else over. The 06+ have stabilitrak and a few other things connected to the PCM which could make it a nightmare to get working properly on the older trucks.
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2006

Return to Electrical / Radios