Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

HID auxilary off road lights

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by NY_TB » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone know or own any good quality HID roof rack lights?
What are the good ones to buy on ebay or amazon?
MarkMC 3" suspension lift. MarkMC 1.5" Spacers. Bilstein HD front. Skyjacker rear. 265/70/17 Gaurd Dogs.
NY_TB
Cruiser

Name: Chris Sanchez
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 pm

while you are waiting for responses you can browse the build chart to see who has lights. I know the chart isn't complete yet but it still might give you some ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2366
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by Trail X » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Mario had some... you'll have to get his thoughts on them.

I say go all the way and get some Hella 4000i:

Everybody say "ooooooh".
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by djthumper » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 pm

oooooooh Aaahhh
djthumper

Name: Larry

by NY_TB » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:35 pm

I was looking at the Rugged Ridge 7" HIDs..but i see they are a jeep product..that wouldnt pe a problem wiring it to the TB?

JamesDowning wrote:Mario had some... you'll have to get his thoughts on them.

I say go all the way and get some Hella 4000i:

Everybody say "ooooooh".
MarkMC 3" suspension lift. MarkMC 1.5" Spacers. Bilstein HD front. Skyjacker rear. 265/70/17 Gaurd Dogs.
NY_TB
Cruiser

Name: Chris Sanchez

by Trail X » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Since you're asking that question, not trying to be a jerk, but are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?

Yes, those would be able to be adapted to a TB. Wiring is pretty much universal because nothing is 'plug and play'. You will need to do all of your own wiring, so make sure you are ready for that challenge.
Trail X
Founder

by OregTrailBlazin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm

JamesDowning wrote: Wiring is pretty much universal because nothing is 'plug and play'. You will need to do all of your own wiring, so make sure you are ready for that challenge.

Did a quick search, and they sell plug and play jeep kits commonly.. But the lights can be purchased seperate
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Trail X » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm

I've seen plug and play headlight conversions, but never plug and play aux lights.
Trail X
Founder

by Skidder » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

OOOOHHHHHH!!! is right. ~500 bones a copy...Mike would have make serious armor for each!
"It is better to have and not need, than to need and have not."
Skidder

Name: Greg
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TangoBravo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 am

So I was looking into LED lightbars for the TB and had decided on the products from Rigid Industries. Has anyone used/seen these in person? I have seen many pictures and really like what I have seen so far. Also the state troopers use them here I got him to turn his on and they were quit nice but it was day time so I didn't get the full effect. Also while looking into Rigid Industries lights I came accross www.anzousa.com they make whay seems to be a copy of Rigids lights but without the cost, any opinions? Im pretty sold on the rigid products as I would rather have quality products that have good reviews and I know won't let me down.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

by janesy86 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 am

In another thread here I mentioned that I have seen the Rigid Dually's on a guys JK as windshield lights. Super bright and don't draw much since they are LED. Did a night run with him and they lit up the trail very well.

Rigid Dually's

I'd definitely get some of their products for sure, but besides the Dually's the other products are pretty pricey. But I'm sure they are worth the $$.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am

I definitely like the LED bars from Rigid. Haven't seen them in person, but have seen a few good videos of the rigid guys beating them up (taking a baseball bat to them, dragging them behind a vehicle, etc). The TIV has them on their front end as their primary driving light.

I have a hard time getting past their expense, though. I would like to get 4 little LED lights for the 4 corners of the truck as camp floods. But they are pretty expensive. I think we're just so used to cheapola products from china, that the cost of a quality item made in the USA is a little unexpected.
Trail X
Founder

by TangoBravo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am

JamesDowning wrote:I definitely like the LED bars from Rigid. Haven't seen them in person, but have seen a few good videos of the rigid guys beating them up (taking a baseball bat to them, dragging them behind a vehicle, etc). The TIV has them on their front end as their primary driving light.

I have a hard time getting past their expense, though. I would like to get 4 little LED lights for the 4 corners of the truck as camp floods. But they are pretty expensive. I think we're just so used to cheapola products from china, that the cost of a quality item made in the USA is a little unexpected.

Yeah I am more the type that will spend big on afew items that will last forever then spend less and replace every couple of years. From what I can gather 4 dully's up front will be far more then I will ever need, and I want to put 2 of the diffusers in the back up top so they can be used as second backup lights or camp/fishing lightings.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

by djthumper » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I was actually looking at putting 2-floods and 2-spots up front and a pair of floods in the rear. The duallys would keep it fairly small.
djthumper

Name: Larry

Return to Electrical / Radios