Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Battery Question

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by Regulator1175 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:09 am

My wife's Bravada is in need of a new battery. I know there are a few folks running second batteries in the rear for extras. She currently has an AC Delco that is showing 403/600 cca according to the test. Is it worth saving this battery for future use?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bartonmd » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 am

If it's not good enough to start a vehicle, it's not good enough to depend on for much...

Having said that, I put the "not quite good enough to crank over my Cummins after running the grid heaters at 10F" group-31 battery in the back of my truck and charged it every once in a while, and used it to run an ATV winch to pull cars up on a trailer, as well as running my MV50 air pump to pump trailer tires up and stuff...

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Electrical / Radios