Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Dead ScanGauge

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by Zero » Fri May 20, 2011 3:27 am

I bought my scan gauge 2 in dec of 2009. I love it, really have no complaints. It would be cool if they had a bigger screen to display 6 or more functions at a time.....anyways let's keep on topic.

I was driving my truck the other day looked at my scanguage, and noticed the screen was blank. I tried unplugging it, still no go. Stoped turned of the truck, re started it.....still no go.

I sent an email to the tech support guys at Linear Logic LLC. they asked me to ship the gauge back to them.

As of right now it is a waiting game. I hope I hear back from them soon on the expected length of time to fix it, and wether or not I will be charged.

It's def odd to drive without my scanguage. I feel disconnected from what is going on under the hood.

Z
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Zero » Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Update:

Here is the email I revieved this morning.

Hi Brendan,

Repairs are completely free. We will also pay for shipping back to you. Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Leah O'Campo
Director of Communications
Technical Support
Linear Logic

That sounds good tome. Let's just see how long it takes to fix.

Z
Zero
Veteran

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri May 20, 2011 12:38 pm

They did that for my buddy. They have great support. He broke the plug portion and they fixed everything and sent it back for free.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trail X » Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Wow that is good service.

Is there a length to their warranty?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by irishboy02 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Wow thats amazing service. I have an issue with my plug - it sometimes wiggles loose and my screen will go blank but then come right back on - for now anyways.

+1 for the bigger display, would be nice to monitor a few more things at once
Gettin' Dirrty in Jersey :flex dirty:

2003 GMC Sierra z71
7" FTS lift
35x12.5 Toyo MT on 18x9 MotoMetal 962
irishboy02
Addict

DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Fri May 20, 2011 3:50 pm

there was a thread on here a few weeks ago about an ebay item that plugs in and can bluetooth to a laptop or I think droid phones. Not sure if it had all the features of a scangauge but there was a lot of positive responses. I think it was like $25 for it and the CD for your computer and the app was $5 for the droid. Don't hold me to it that is from my rather muddy memory.

just went back and found the thread for those interested.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1683
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by Zero » Sun May 22, 2011 4:07 pm

I A. Have no interest in owning an android , B. Have no interest in using my phone as a gauge on my truck.

Scan gauge got my unit, repaired it, and gave me a free new cable. I should get it back sometime this week.

I like the idea of having an extra cable so I don't have to take mine out of the dash when scanning other vehicles.
Zero
Veteran

by KE7WOX » Thu May 26, 2011 1:04 pm

There are apps for the iOS and for Android phones. Having an Android 1.5 phone I'm quite limited with the apps. I really don't want to use my phone or iPod for something else while I drive, I prefer 100x to have a dedicated device, besides, battery life would be terrible.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Gordinho80 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Zero wrote:I like the idea of having an extra cable so I don't have to take mine out of the dash when scanning other vehicles.

I picked up an extra cable from Amazon.com for very little money. I too wanted to be able to use my SG on other vehicles. I keep the spare cable in my glovebox while my original is ran through the dash.
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by Zero » Mon May 30, 2011 9:26 am

Got my gauge back late last week. It works fine now. And I really do love the ability to scan others now with my extra cable. I have a few buddies who need a scan, so Im gonna get some free beers coming my way hahaha :cheers:

Scangauge has great customer service. And work very quickly. I think it was a maybe a week total to ship them my unit, have it checked, and have it shipped back to me. Thats pretty damn good in my book.

Z
Zero
Veteran

by Harry Moto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 am

I use mine more on other peoples vehicles than on my own, by far. Good to hear they have excellent customer service, too.

I just got an Android last week, 2 bills for the phone and then $25/month from Virgin Mobile for unlimited data and 300 minutes of talk per month. I never thought I wanted one at all, but now that I have it I don't know how I lived without it!! LOL The bluetooth thing is very interesting; not that I'd ever get rid of my scangauge, but it's not that much money and could be useful. Or at least fun to play with! :mechanic:
2008 TB, 1.75" Smaxx front, 1.25" wheel adapters, 255/75-17 Silent Armor, compass mirror, 7" indash DVD/GPS, power passenger seat, & Mikes steel skid plate.
Harry Moto

Name: Harry
Vehicle Year: 2008

Return to Electrical / Radios