Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Stereo System

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by fishsticks » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Which is why you never, EVER pay for extended warranties on electronics.

The statistical probability that it will pay for itself is very small, which is why they are a HUGE profit maker for the retailers.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by bdp1978 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 pm

fishsticks wrote:Which is why you never, EVER pay for extended warranties on electronics.

The statistical probability that it will pay for itself is very small, which is why they are a HUGE profit maker for the retailers.

Agreed, it was close though...........fritzed out only 2 weeks after they closed their doors. Go Figure.

It's also the last time I will go over the top with a super expensive head unit.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by dvanbramer88 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 am

bdp1978 wrote:
BigBen wrote:The gmos-04 is the onstar interface with steering wheel control interface. $75 on amazon. It's what I'm using with my kenwood dnx9980hd. Which is a great all in one unit. Nav/cd/DVD/USB/iPod/backup cam.

Nice info, I installed an aftermarket Stereo and DVD in my truck in '07 cause the OEM sounded like garbage. I had to pay $99 bucks for the onstar situation but my steering wheel controls havent been hooked up since. I also had to tip the tech $10 bucks to deactivate the "Park" control on the DVD player so I could watch DVD's while traveling. My stereo is now going to hell, wont play cd's or DVD's and half the controls dont work, my IPOD and radio are the only parts left that work. I paid an extra $100 bucks for a lifetime warranty from.....wait for it....Circuit City....which is now of course out of business. :wallbash:

Circuit City is still open. They're website is still working and they still have stores in Canada. They only closed US stores.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

Previous

Return to Electrical / Radios