Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Fan Switch Mod

Breaker 1-9, anybody got a copy? Any discussion or mods relating to electrons and wires go here.

by midnight » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 pm

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.p ... fan&page=3

after reading the above post i was wondering if anyone(roadie?) has tried this. I am having the same issues and just got my scangauge in so i can start watching the temp better. i figure i could just clear the over rpm code each time i haft to use the fan at 100%
midnight
Off-Roader

Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by The Roadie » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm

I was about to do that when I got sent to Taiwan, so it's put off a few weeks. But the weekend before I left, I was in a long hillclimb to 7000' Big Bear Lake in my wife's Civic, which promptly started overheating with the AC on (90 degrees) and the Civic's little toy electric fans. Cooled right off with the AC off. But it made me want to have the override switch next time I took the Roadiemobile up there.

A couple of months in anticipation of summer, I adjusted the fan RPM table in my PCM using EFI Live as illustrated in the other thread - I hadn't known EFI Live's update had that new feature. That would take care of most of the summer hill climbing issues, but the switch is sure cheaper than EFI Live.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by SteveTB03 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 am

Hey bill have you thought of using efilive to make the A/C system shutoff completely when you reach a certain RPM range?

Mine is flashed to shut off at 3500 RPMs.
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by The Roadie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:09 am

I prefer to shut it off manually, rather than have the PCM force it off for me. The switch is within reach. Isn't that AC shutoff feature for the street racing folks?
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by SteveTB03 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am

Haha it might be a street racing feature but I actually find it useful, if you forget to turn it off or your towing you don't have to remember its done for you. But yes it is nice when you want to go fast :finger:
Go Big & Go Broke
SteveTB03
Addict

Name: Steve Darras
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Electrical / Radios