Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

***NEW PRODUCT - Massive GMT360 Adj Rr Suspension Parts***

Products offered by our vendor: Massive Speed

Moderator: K STYLEZ

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by bdp1978 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 pm

fishsticks wrote:
The Roadie wrote:Thx for the pics and review. Next you need the Purple Cranium Spider to go with that. :cheers:

He needs to cut off that bent up piece of steel that's running along the bottom and limiting travel. :finger:

WELL, technically I needed new tires next but knocked that out already. I havent gotten rid of the bar yet because I tow a boat all Summer, not sure of the impact on stability while towing @ 70mph.

After a month with the MASSIVE bar it has developed a clunk in it when hitting bumps??? Im assuming its the heims moving with articulation but its driving me nuts and makes it seem loose in the a$$ end. I need to get back under there and see whats up. I did loctite the adjusment nuts so those should be secure.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by K STYLEZ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am

Huh. Odd. It's been v darn near 2 years on mine by now, and I'm still quiet. I guess definitely check out all the fasteners to be sure they are tight.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Karl
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bdp1978 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 am

bdp1978 wrote:After a month with the MASSIVE bar it has developed a clunk in it when hitting bumps??? Im assuming its the heims moving with articulation but its driving me nuts and makes it seem loose in the a$$ end. I need to get back under there and see whats up. I did loctite the adjusment nuts so those should be secure.

As a follow up, I finally pulled the bar this wknd. I was actually embarrased for people to ride in the truck, the clunking/rattle was so bad. It sounded like the rear end of my truck was going to fall out.

I ended up fabbing rubber bushings to go in btwn the aluminum ones and the heim joints. Essentially the heim cant make contact with the aluminum bushings now, just the rubber. Its silent now.

Overall, I think the quality of manufacture of the bar is top notch, as well as the powdercoating, but I would definitely look into re-doing the bushing setup somehow. I cant be the only one that has had a clunky bar after install.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by K STYLEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 am

2 years on mine?

Dunno. There should be no way for teh rod end to move between the aluminum bushings.

IF the bolts were loose for a while, I could see it clunking, and/or beating up the offset bushings allowing play.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

by bdp1978 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 am

K STYLEZ wrote:2 years on mine?

Dunno. There should be no way for teh rod end to move between the aluminum bushings.

IF the bolts were loose for a while, I could see it clunking, and/or beating up the offset bushings allowing play.

Bolts werent loose, the clunking was coming from the rotation of the rod ends/bar when hitting bumps. The bar and joints would rotate making contact with the edges of the aluminum bushings/spacers.

The blacked out area is where they are making contact on both ends, that was causing my clunk when hitting bumps. This is where I inserted rubber bushings on both ends, now its nice and quiet.

bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by K STYLEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Ah! I see the problem.

This contact should never happen. I take full blame - as you had ordered a while ago, I had not yet written up proper install instructions. I should have at least put in a "universal" set though.

Especially on a panhard, where basically all the motion is radial, the end should not come close to hitting the offset bushing.

The rod ends must both be aligned "straight up/down" if you will. Not angled at all.

Here is a photo that illustrates the alignment:

K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

by bdp1978 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:40 pm

K STYLEZ wrote:Ah! I see the problem.

This contact should never happen. I take full blame - as you had ordered a while ago, I had not yet written up proper install instructions. I should have at least put in a "universal" set though.

Especially on a panhard, where basically all the motion is radial, the end should not come close to hitting the offset bushing.

The rod ends must both be aligned "straight up/down" if you will. Not angled at all.

Here is a photo that illustrates the alignment:

Mine were, and are installed the same as the pic on the right, however they still rotate on the "Ball" that the bolt goes through. So the rod ends rock back and forth on the ball during bumps and contact the bushings. When I pulled the bar out this weekend the inner ball is very loose inside the rod end. Is that not how the rod ends are supposed to be? I could take a video tonight if necessary to show whats happening.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by K STYLEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:38 pm

If the sides of the rod end are hitting the purple aluminum part, then that definitely is what is happening.

Unless of course the rod end is rotating, which would mean the jam nut is not tightened.

When the rod ends are brand new, they will be very difficult to move. After some miles, they will be fairly easy to rotate/swivel.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

by bdp1978 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:46 pm

K STYLEZ wrote:If the sides of the rod end are hitting the purple aluminum part, then that definitely is what is happening.

Unless of course the rod end is rotating, which would mean the jam nut is not tightened.

When the rod ends are brand new, they will be very difficult to move. After some miles, they will be fairly easy to rotate/swivel.

Jam nuts are tightened solid, the rod ends rotate with the entire bar. Hopefully the rubber bushings I made hold up for awhile.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by Opeth » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 am

I'm not seeing myself understanding how yours are moving so much causing a clunk. There should only be an up and down movement of the bar. I'd personally like to see the video, was thinking about ordering myself a bar.
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody
Vehicle Year: 2006

by soldier32mp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

All right massive has been a vender here for a bit now has anybody purchased the whole set up and if so what we're the likes and dislikes ? I wanna give it a shot but would like some feedback and if possible pics..
soldier32mp

Name: Frank
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by bdp1978 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:14 am

Opeth wrote:I'm not seeing myself understanding how yours are moving so much causing a clunk. There should only be an up and down movement of the bar. I'd personally like to see the video, was thinking about ordering myself a bar.

The whole bar rotates with the rod ends causing the rod end to make contact with the bushings. Before I installed my homemade rubber bushings in btwn, I could grab the bar and rotate it back and forth by hand and make it clunk on the aluminum bushings.

I can shoot a video of it but it wont be until this wknd. I have to uninstall the whole bar, remove the rubber bushings and re-install to show what its doing.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by K STYLEZ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Just dont get this issue. As I spoke about last week, I've sent you some replacement rod ends and boots.

While the sales of the GMT360 parts have been dissappointing, we sell multiples of our adjustable suspension parts for other makes/models every day, and we jsut dont have these problems.

Hopefully with the new parts, you can solve this.
Last edited by K STYLEZ on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

by Moots1288 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm thinking about upper and lower control arms soon or possibly the whole package.
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by DustinC1989 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

My only issue is trying to come to an agreement with the boss on color :angry whip:
DustinC1989
Addict

Name: Dustin
Vehicle Year: 2007

by JorDaneeKey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 pm

DustinC1989 wrote:My only issue is trying to come to an agreement with the boss on color :angry whip:

Color choice can be problematic. Thankfully Mikekey and I have similar taste, but since she's my daily driver, I'd like to think I am the boss. Hehehe
As told by the other half: Build Thread
JorDaneeKey
Addict

Name: JorDanee

by bdp1978 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Opeth wrote:I'm not seeing myself understanding how yours are moving so much causing a clunk. There should only be an up and down movement of the bar. I'd personally like to see the video, was thinking about ordering myself a bar.

Got the new Rod Ends from Massive with the Rubber boots so I decided to tear into this the other night. Heres video.

1st - with the rubber bushings I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHG-D_GFY6I

2nd- With just the original Massive bushings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrCcAhhaKqQ

Here's the new Rod Ends Massive sent me:

3rd - With the new Rod Ends installed with Rubber boots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaeYqyujt2A

Hopefully that clears up what I was talking about. Big shout out to Karl for sending me the new Rod Ends with the Rubber Boots.
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

by mikekey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Hey! How long does it usually take you guys to process an order and send out some info? I placed an order on Sunday and haven't heard a peep.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike

by K STYLEZ » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am

Yes, of course we are closed on Sunday.

We processed and assembled your order Monday. It shipped yesterday. We emailed tracking to the address you provided.

I have pmd u a tracking number.

Thanx
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

by mikekey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 am

I got a message from UPS when the label was created and just saw your PM. Thank-you. I think my spam filter got your email. Dunno why. I've got like 10 orders all over the place right now, and get anxious trying to keep on top of everything. Especially since a few of them require lead time.

I'm excited to install your product and happy to support or vendors. :thumleft:
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike

PreviousNext

Return to Massive Speed Systems