Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

***NEW PRODUCT - Massive GMT360 Adj Rr Suspension Parts***

Products offered by our vendor: Massive Speed

Moderator: K STYLEZ

Forum rules
All posts in this section pertain to our vendor:

by mikekey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:11 pm

These look pretty awesome!

Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by K STYLEZ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Hahha... Nice. New wheels too???

We have been putting the neoprene rod end boots on all of them BTW.

REally keeps the nastys out of the rod ends.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Karl
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD

by mikekey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:48 pm

K STYLEZ wrote:Hahha... Nice. New wheels too???

We have been putting the neoprene rod end boots on all of them BTW.

REally keeps the nastys out of the rod ends.

Yup, Method. Primary reason why I bought your kit, keep my wheels in the center of the wheel well. :cheers: These will get installed tomorrow with my body lift.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

by JorDaneeKey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 pm

When I saw the neoprene boots I was like, "Whoa, that color might clash." And the I thought "Hmm, maybe that should be the new accent color on the rig." And then I realized WWIII in my house was not worth it.

Still digging the color though!
As told by the other half: Build Thread
JorDaneeKey
Addict

Name: JorDanee

by K STYLEZ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 pm

The boots are just the black rubber part. The purple part is the offset bushing. :D Proven fact: Purple is the worlds fastest color. Science.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Karl

by JorDaneeKey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification! This aspect of suspension is still new to me. :) As for the science of purple, wonder what orange does then....
As told by the other half: Build Thread
JorDaneeKey
Addict

Name: JorDanee

by JMHinAZ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks for posting the video clips Brad. I'm an early adopter of the full kit and have been trying to pin down the same noise (clack/clunk). Other than the noise I've been happy with the quality product and would purchase it again. With that said... Karl I'll PM you with my info, looking for a solution.
JH
JMHinAZ
Cruiser

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2004

by bdp1978 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

JMHinAZ wrote:Thanks for posting the video clips Brad. I'm an early adopter of the full kit and have been trying to pin down the same noise (clack/clunk). Other than the noise I've been happy with the quality product and would purchase it again. With that said... Karl I'll PM you with my info, looking for a solution.
JH

I KNEW I couldnt be the only one who had ever had that problem. FWIW - 2 weeks with the new rod ends with the rubber boots and no noise whatsoever. :thumright:
bdp1978
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2004

by navigator » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 am

JorDaneeKey wrote:Thanks for the clarification! This aspect of suspension is still new to me. :) As for the science of purple, wonder what orange does then....

just had a flashback to grade school science class ROYGBIV, dang that seems like a long time ago.

I was thinking K STYLEZ was joking but right that purple (violet) light is faster but after doing a little reading I found that actually red is faster so by that same token orange light should be faster than purple.

Go orange JorDanee then you can outrun the zombies!
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by mikekey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm

navigator wrote:
JorDaneeKey wrote:Thanks for the clarification! This aspect of suspension is still new to me. :) As for the science of purple, wonder what orange does then....

just had a flashback to grade school science class ROYGBIV, dang that seems like a long time ago.

I was thinking K STYLEZ was joking but right that purple (violet) light is faster but after doing a little reading I found that actually red is faster so by that same token orange light should be faster than purple.

Go orange JorDanee then you can outrun the zombies!

Funny you should mention that.... I'm actually powder coating our parts that very color....
mikekey
Lifer

by mikekey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Let me first say I'm happy with the final product and that I was able to center my axle and extend my lower control arms for the new tires going on.

But what I was particularly frustrated with was the offset bushing and the bolts/nuts provided with the kit.

Let's start with the offset bushing. Every single one was two wide and required me taking them to the lathe to shave several centimeters off the ends.

I ran into this problem with the lower control arms, the upper control arms and the panhard bar.

The second issue I had with this kit where a few of the bolt lengths. On the upper control arms to the body I ended up using my own nut and bolts. On the lower control arm to the body, the exact same thing.

Other than that, no complaints. I just wanted to point this out incase someone packaged my kit with the wrong side offset bushings.
Last edited by mikekey on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikekey
Lifer

by Infamouz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 am

Mikekey how much did you extend your control arms over stock? How did they do offroad? Thanks
Infamouz

Name: Daniel
Vehicle Year: 2007

by AlekG » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Allright guys, I'm finally able to get my Trailblazer back on the road (long story to be posted in another thread).

So as long as I'm working on fixing the suspension in other areas, I have decided to go all out (as I have always wanted to) with your complete system - in black (MASS'13604.0).

I am down in the US for business for a couple of days but will be ready to order this Wednesday. A couple of questions before though:

1. What's your policy on shipping to Canada (if any)? I would need the kit arriving Aug 27th at the latest.

I used to have a UPS Store mailbox in Niagara Falls but don't any more, and UPS Ground to Canada is no good as they charge way to much for their custom's brokerage. I have had success with UPS Worldwide Expedited service to me here in Ontario (L4Z 3K9) as the UPS cost includes customs brokerage etc. But would it be crazy expensive with the weight and size of these parts? I don't know, you tell me if you have any experience with this.

Alternatively I can look into a possible alternative in Niagara Falls NY, but the kit would have to arrive by August 23 (absolutely no later) so I can pick it up that weekend.

2. Having gone through the thread, I am assuming that the rubber boots are now standard in the kit. Please confirm.

3. And finally there was the recent issue with MikeKey with a possible problem of incorrect length offset bushings and bolts. Because of the tight timeframe at my mechanic, I won't have the luxury of modifying or sourcing parts locally. Was this issue resolved?

I will check this thread Tuesday night, thanks for getting back to me by then if you can.

Alek G

|| Documenting and sharing overland travels ||
|| adventures and expeditions ||
|| Trailblazer modifications ||
AlekG
Off-Roader

Name: Alek
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Karo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm

WOW ALEK IS BACK! :excited:

I have received my parts 2-3 weeks ago. I´ll try to answer some questions.
Yes the rubber boots are standard now.

I think there is a problem with the length of the bushings. From measuring the original ones i know that the originals are 57,8 mm from side to side. The massive ones have 63mm from side to side as they can be compressed a little bit. So this is 3 mm to much from each side. I´ll try to compress them in a parallel vice, but i don´t think that would help. So the bushings have to be modified before installation. It is the same for the pan hard. I haven´t measured the bolts until today.

Karsten
Karo
Trail-Blazer

Name: Karsten
Vehicle Year: 2002

by mikekey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Karo wrote:WOW ALEK IS BACK! :excited:

Yes the rubber boots are standard now.

I think there is a problem with the length of the bushings. From measuring the original ones i know that the originals are 57,8 mm from side to side. The massive ones have 63mm from side to side. So this is 3 mm to much from each side. I´ll try to compress them in a parallel vice, but i don´t think that would help. So the bushings have to be modified before installation.

It is the same for the pan hard. I haven´t measured the bolts until today.

Karsten

Karsten has it spot on. A few other people mentioned having the same issue in the Build Comments Thread just recently. I tried to compress mine; didn't work, so I used the lathe. You might also want to contact them directly for quicker reply, btw.
mikekey
Lifer

by Trail X » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Can't the steel mounting brackets be expanded 3mm? It doesn't seem like that would be too difficult.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by Karo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 pm

James it is 3 mm each side so 6 mm total, but it's a idea to try.
Karo
Trail-Blazer

Name: Karsten
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Trail X » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Ah, yeah, that's a bit different. That's a significant amount.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by Opeth » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:00 pm

It's a shame these bushings are not fitting.... I'm waiting to see if they are going to do anything about it before ordering. It looks like a quality product too, but I don't have a lathe anymore to trim these down nor a easy means to modify a set.

I did stumble upon another vendor for a set, but would rather buy from a supporting vendor here first. K STYLEZ.... any info on this issue?
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody

by AlekG » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:06 am

Hey guys, glad to be back, more info later.

I also don't have the equipment or time to modify the bushings. I will send my questions directly to their email tonight, hopefully they will get back to me by the time I back from the US.

Also, here's a picture of how my shock mount bracket was compressed quite a bit when the Fabtech's were mounted (particularly the top if you look closely). If the link mount brackets have the same steel thickness (which I think they do), it shouldn't bee too bad to expand them 6 mm. But for the money, they should really fit properly ...

|| Documenting and sharing overland travels ||
|| adventures and expeditions ||
|| Trailblazer modifications ||
AlekG
Off-Roader

Name: Alek

PreviousNext

Return to Massive Speed Systems