Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Photo Critique Thread

Discussion of photos, video, cameras, and post-processing.

by ErikSS » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Wahugg wrote:Thanks Eric and James! I never would have thought that this interest would have developed so far.

And Eric, I'm just a young guy chasing stars. I would be no good taking pictures for you, however if you need someone to eat food..... :thumleft:

-Wahugg

Your welcome. And that's ok, I actually am going to have Regulator1175 taking my wedding pictures. You're pictures are really nice though!
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Moots1288 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:48 pm

ErikSS wrote:
Wahugg wrote:Thanks Eric and James! I never would have thought that this interest would have developed so far.

And Eric, I'm just a young guy chasing stars. I would be no good taking pictures for you, however if you need someone to eat food..... :thumleft:

-Wahugg

Your welcome. And that's ok, I actually am going to have Regulator1175 taking my wedding pictures. You're pictures are really nice though!
what about me haha
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

Felipe, that is some nice clarity, especially for a fast moving target like that. Very cool.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by dvanbramer88 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Moots1288 wrote: what about me haha

Says the guy who doesn't even own a Camera...

ErikSS wrote:

-Wahugg

The best way to get a college kid to do anything is offer free food.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Wahugg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 am

Decided to go out and try to take pictures of the stars which failed thank to this guy....

I thought the results were pretty acceptable seeing it's my first time trying to shoot the moon. It was also interesting that the stars were more visible on the left side of the moon while the right side seems to have a 'starless' ring.

Thanks to its brightness this photo was possible (also in the random rig thread).

-Wallace
Wahugg
Addict

Name: Wahugg
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by KE7WOX » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:55 pm

I love the 2nd one, except that it looks like you went a little bit overboard with the noise removing filter.
This is an aggressive post. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate a post of this quality and depth.

Build Thread
KE7WOX
Veteran

Name: Felipe G
Vehicle Year: 2004

by Wahugg » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Ironically I didn't use any Noise Filters at all!! The moon was so bright that it practically light up the scenery as if it were day! It's also why the stars are so dim/ lacking.

-Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

by Wahugg » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 pm

The Moon is currently in a position where it is right next the the Milky Way eliminating most of the ideal stars. Instead I tried to shake it up a little and really incorporate the surroundings into the picture to give it a 'night time' feel instead of just the 'look at the stars' approach.

Enjoy

-Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

Previous

Return to Photography and Video