Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Bushwacker Fender Flares Group Buy Offer

Products offered by our vendor: Bushwacker Inc.

by bushwacker_inc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am

Group Buy Update: (Sept 07, 2011)

Thank you to everyone that supplied feedback and filled out the Group Buy survey. The responses were conclusive -

Chevrolet Trailblazer only
Pocket Style Fender Flares
1.50 in. tire coverage

To get your pre-order in, simply click the pre-order link below and submit your info by September 21st, 2011. Complete order details are listed in the survey.

Pre-Order Form Link - Click to order by Sept 21st!
http://bushwacker.polldaddy.com/s/trailblazer-group-buy-order-form

- Thanks!
Bushwacker, Inc
Last edited by bushwacker_inc on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

Name: Bushwacker
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bushwacker_inc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 am

Group Buy Questions & Answers (Updated September 7th, 2011)

Q: How many participants are required for this Group Buy offer?

A: We will require 250 individual preorders and down payments for the Group Buy to proceed. The preorder window closes on September 21st, 2011. If 250 preorders are met by September 21st, 2011 we will send you an email via Paypal for the $250.00 down payment. The $250.00 payment must be made by October 21st. If 250 preorders are not met by September 21st, 2011 the Group Buy offer will be discontinued.

Q: Will there be an GMC Envoy Fender Flare?

A: Sorry, no. The survey results were conclusive, by a 30:1 margin of Trailblazer to Envoy Fender Flare requests.

Q: What will the final price be?

A: Final pricing will be $349.00 for the Pocket Style Fender Flare. This is up to a $119.00 discount under MSRP @ $468.00 for the Pocket Style set, plus shipping.

Q: How much will shipping be?

A: We're planning on offering a flat rate of $75 per Fender Flare set in the lower 48 states, UPS Ground only. $100 per Fender Flare set for Alaska and Hawaii. International shipping will require a custom quote.

Q: When the minimum order requirements are met and the down payment window is closes, how long will it take for the Fender Flares to be manufactured and delivered?

A: We estimate our tooling and manufacturing build time within 90 days. Shipping is UPS Ground from Portland, Or.

Q: How much will I owe when the product is ready to ship?

A: When the Fender Flare set is approaching ship date, we will send you a PayPal invoice for the balance of $99.00, plus shipping.

Q: Will you make this product anyway? Can we just wait to order it from a local Preferred Dealer or ABCautoparts.com?

A: No, we will not make this flare unless it goes through this one-time-only group buy. The large costs involved in making a fender flare require us to only make this flare available as a group buy.

Q: If this group buy program succeeds, will a Trailblazer or Envoy Fender Flare be available through Bushwacker dealers?

A: Yes

Q: Can I have my down payment returned if I change my mind before the final product ships?

A: No, unfortunately all commitments are final for this group buy offer if the order meets the 250 preorder requirement. If we are not able to collect all 250, $250.00 down payments by October 21st, 2011 we will issue a refund of your down payment.

Q: Will this Fender Flare offer the same materials and warranty as your other Fender Flares?

A: This Fender Flare will use the same Dura-Flex® 2000 ABS material available in our other Chevrolet Fender Flares. It will also include our standard Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Q: Will this Group Buy offer be available outside of the United States?

A: Yes! Custom shipping charges apply. We will notify you of those charges before shipment.

Q: I'm a Bushwacker Preferred Dealer. Are you selling this group buy direct from Bushwacker?

A: For the purpose of only this Group Buy program, yes. If the group buy is successful the new fender flare will be available through regular distribution at standard jobber pricing. If you wish to offer your own group buy and exclusively sell the product for a limited time for the quantity of your initial order, please consult your Preferred Dealer Manager or contact pdcustomercare@bushwacker.com.

If you wish to return your Fender Flare set for any other reason than a warranty claim, within 30 days of the shipment date, you will be liable for a 25% restocking fee, deducted from the balance of the return. Any shipping charges will not be refunded.
Last edited by bushwacker_inc on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

by Rob93 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

On Q5...
Q.5
Do you have wheel spacers installed? If so, what size?

* No wheel spacers
* 6x5.0 hub to 6x5.0 wheel side w/12mm studs
* 6x5.0 hub to 6x6.5 wheel side w/12mm studs
* 6x5.0 hub to 6x5.5 wheel side w/14mm studs
* Other:

For the 3rd option I assume you mean 6x5 to 6x5.5 wheel side?
Rob93
Trail-Blazer

Name: Rob
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Mudwheelin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

250 Individuals? That seems like alot...

Ill start:
1) Mudwheelin
Markmc 2.5 lift, 2"Markmc body lift. Markmc 1.5 spacers, 33" Dynapro MT's, exhaust, EMT cams, CAI, Chipped, Light Bar. T.L. Guards
Build Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2349
Mudwheelin
Trail-Blazer

Name: Christian
Vehicle Year: 2007

by janesy86 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Yea 250 individuals will never happen.
Build Thread
Back to stock, had fun while it lasted...
janesy86
Veteran

Name: Nick Janes
Vehicle Year: 2007

by Trail X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Remember the buy is also posted on Trailvoy. It's obvious that we could not muster the numbers here on ORTB alone, as that's half of our population.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Flying Monkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

So its just an extending flare? for $400+ shipped? Whats the point?
Flying Monkey
Addict

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by MrSmithsTB » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 pm

janesy86 wrote:Yea 250 individuals will never happen.

:Iagree: this could he a great thing given different terms. I am willing to bet that based on the trucks in need of a set, you will be lucky to get 50 total members from the two forums. I know there are some of us that would have interest in adapting flares from a different vehicle. Perhaps it would benefit you to offer some kind of club discount on regularly stocked items.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by K STYLEZ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Definitely would love to have me some. Not a bad price with the group buy.

Put me on the list!!!

Not a single reply on tv yet though... kinda scary.
K STYLEZ
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Karl

by Kuchar09 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:30 pm

How are these going to work with those of us that trimmed our fenders? I ask this because I finally took the plunge and trimmed my fenders 2 inches back from the bottom and then just blended the curve in. Wouldn't this affect the fender flares?
Kuchar09

Name: Travis

by NC_IslandRunner » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Good luck with this. that's a lot of orders needed. :shock:
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory

by Stoked » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:Good luck with this. that's a lot of orders needed. :shock:

:Iagree: "We will require 250 individual down payments per vehicle style (Trailblazer or Envoy)"
Stoked
Off-Roader

Name: Juan
DriveTrain: AWD

by MrSmithsTB » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Although I have my doubts, lets remember that these guys probably would go out on a limb like this for 10-15 people making a little bit of noise. I would imagine that there has been enough demand to make them believe that 250 is a reasonable number.

I am inclined to think the pocket style will allow for cut fenders, as many kits require the cutting of fenders for installation.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by Hatchet669 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:52 pm

already sent in the survey...
Hatchet669
Trail-Blazer

Name: Joe
Vehicle Year: 2003

by NC_IslandRunner » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Stoked wrote:
NC_IslandRunner wrote:Good luck with this. that's a lot of orders needed. :shock:

:Iagree: "We will require 250 individual down payments per vehicle style (Trailblazer or Envoy)"

It will take $125,000 to get them for both tb and envoy and that's just the down payment not the full or with shipping price.
Are the fenders on our trucks so much different that we can't use one set on either truck?

MrSmithsTB wrote: I would imagine that there has been enough demand to make them believe that 250 is a reasonable number.

Or they get to say they tried so the 10-15 people will leave them alone.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory

by Trail X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:Are the fenders on our trucks so much different that we can't use one set on either truck?
I think so... but the enjoy guys could probably adapt to the TB flare with a bit of trimming out their wheel wells.

NC_IslandRunner wrote:Or they get to say they tried so the 10-15 people will leave them alone.
Given the level of thought and time they've put into things behind the scenes, I doubt it's just to get us to shut up. They want this to go through.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by madmanvillain » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Or they get to say they tried so the 10-15 people will leave them alone.

:Iagree:
250 isnt a reasonable number by any means...and thats per model. I would rather piece together something from someone trying to be reasonable and actually help.
madmanvillain
Off-Roader

Name: mmv
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by bushwacker_inc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. Here's a few answers to your questions -

re: 250 order requirement per vehicle (via Mudwheelin)

This was determined to offer the substantial Group Buy discount price. Given the level of enthusiasm we received and how this is going to be the only way to get a Fender Flare from Bushwacker, we're hoping there will be enough of you to push this through. Keep in mind that if this goes through you're likely to see more interest from other custom accessory manufacturers too.

Those of you that really want this flare, please speak up and help drum support on the forum. We're done our best to offer a special group price based on all the requests we received. We've also split the cost so you don't have to pay for it all at once. Hopefully that helps with the short survey and down payment window, we want to get this flare to you in the shortest timeline possible.

re: Existing sheet metal trimming in the front effecting installation (via Kuchar09)

Based on feedback from the survey, we may require sheet metal trimming for installation. We can't say for sure at this point but from your picture you should be ok.

re: Perhaps it would benefit you to offer some kind of club discount on regularly stocked items. (via MrSmithsTB)

All of our Fender Flares are designed to custom fit the vehicle they are designed for. There are no regularly stocked Fender Flares that will fit, sorry. We looked into this at the beginning.

re: Are the fenders on our trucks so much different that we can't use one set on either truck? (NC_IslandRunner)

In our research we got the CAD data from GM and compared the Trailblazer sheet metal to the Envoy. There are enough changes in the sheet metal that prevent one flare fitting both vehicles. This is unfortunate, we were very hopeful that one flare would fit both. We tried from the beginning to eliminate as many road blocks as possible.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

by fishsticks » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm working right now so I'll keep this short.

I wasn't really interested in these... BUT, given that the pocket style may be an option, and the GB price is reasonable I may throw my name in the hat.

I'm just across the river from you guys in Vancouver. Is local pickup an option? That's a big decider for me as I'm not paying $75 for some flares to get shipped 5 miles.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by bushwacker_inc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

fishsticks wrote:I'm working right now so I'll keep this short.

I wasn't really interested in these... BUT, given that the pocket style may be an option, and the GB price is reasonable I may throw my name in the hat.

I'm just across the river from you guys in Vancouver. Is local pickup an option? That's a big decider for me as I'm not paying $75 for some flares to get shipped 5 miles.

Local pickup will be no problem... We're happy to keep the cost down as low as possible.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

Next

Return to Bushwacker Inc.