Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Bushwacker Fender Flares Group Buy Offer

Products offered by our vendor: Bushwacker Inc.

by Diacom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm in, i'll hit up the survey once I get home, the price is much better than I had anticipated. I hope this gets enough attention to go through.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Flying Monkey wrote:So its just an extending flare? for $400+ shipped? Whats the point?
It keeps the cops off your butt for violating the "cover your tire" laws in a lot of jurisdictions. You may be lucky and not have such laws. I live in a place where we do, and Teebes even got a fix-it ticket once so he had to get Flexiflares like I put on. If you're using tires wide enough to run afoul or the regulations, though, you may also have problems with whacking these flares into trees and breaking them. That's what stopped me from getting flared fiberglass fenders from an aftermarket company in CA that offered to do them for me.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Flying Monkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm

The Roadie wrote:
Flying Monkey wrote:So its just an extending flare? for $400+ shipped? Whats the point?
It keeps the cops off your butt for violating the "cover your tire" laws in a lot of jurisdictions. You may be lucky and not have such laws. I live in a place where we do, and Teebes even got a fix-it ticket once so he had to get Flexiflares like I put on. If you're using tires wide enough to run afoul or the regulations, though, you may also have problems with whacking these flares into trees and breaking them. That's what stopped me from getting flared fiberglass fenders from an aftermarket company in CA that offered to do them for me.

Ah. Yeah they dont bother us here for them. Being just extenders I cant see spending the money myself. If they were a cut out of some sort allowing me more tire to fender clearance it would be another subject. Good luck guys, I hope those that want these are able to get them.
Flying Monkey
Addict

Name: Chris
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bushwacker_inc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Flying Monkey wrote:Ah. Yeah they dont bother us here for them. Being just extenders I cant see spending the money myself. If they were a cut out of some sort allowing me more tire to fender clearance it would be another subject. Good luck guys, I hope those that want these are able to get them.

Sheet metal trimming isn't off the table completely, there are options available for adding tire clearance in the front wheel well. If the survey comes back with enough people having clearance issues we can incorporate sheet metal trimming in the design. Extend-A-Fender or Pocket Style doesn't necessarily mean that there is no drilling or cutting involved. We'll try to clear that up in the survey.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

Name: Bushwacker
Vehicle Year: 2006

by high-voltage » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Will there be an option for the EXT's? If so I'm in!
THE DECAL DUDE
The unoffical source for ORTB decals!
high-voltage
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by Black EXT » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 am

high-voltage wrote:Will there be an option for the EXT's? If so I'm in!

I have the same question!
Black EXT
Cruiser

Name: Juan Pablo Lozano
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by chevycrew » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

Since the front would be the same on EXTs, maybe they can work you guys into the regular preorder, and not have to have 250 EXT owners as well. It would be extra molds, but only for the rear.
chevycrew
Veteran

Name: Steve
Vehicle Year: 2002

by fishsticks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 am

I've read through the requirements and I've seen the apparent lack of interest on TrailVoy. No surprise there. I took the survey as well.

I can't PM you so I'll just post here.

I'm not sure whether I'm in or not for these. My tires tuck OKish currently. However, I'd like to help the community out.

I happen to own one of the largest/most modified Trailblazers in either online community. My truck also gets used and the paint shows it. My fenders are mostly straight and the flares are currently covered in bedliner, which I could care less about. I'm also close to you, here in Vancouver. If you need a truck to borrow with fenders that you can cut on (within reason of course), I'm your man. I've already trimmed a very slight amount off the bottoms of the fronts. If we need to sand the bedliner off, oh well. I have half a can left.

Whether or not I decide to buy a set of flares, you can borrow my truck. PM me here or email me @ the address I left in my survey.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by AlekG » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:04 am

I voted for my application. WIth the current ATS flares, I have a puny 0.75 extra coverage.

2.5 inch pocket flares would be a perfect fit for me in terms of being more legal and looking quite good as well.

AG

|| Documenting and sharing overland travels ||
|| adventures and expeditions ||
|| Trailblazer modifications ||
AlekG
Off-Roader

Name: Alek

by chevycrew » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:32 am

The survey really doesnt apply to my TrailBlazer.

Ill throw out some input though.

I would like to see the area behind the front tire trimmed back a couple of inches. Pocket style may look better on the TB, while the smooth may be better on the Envoy.

It looks like the front flare will be a 1 piece, while the rear is a 3 piece? Door, Body, Bumper?

Many on here that would be interested in flares arent running factory bumpers.
chevycrew
Veteran

Name: Steve

by Diacom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 am

Couple of issues I see with the survey...

Your asking about stud length, where as we are concerned about spacer width... i.e. 1.3" or 1.5". This makes more sense as the stud size for us really doesn't matter.

You also ask about back spacing but did not bother with offset, was this intentional or did this just not play into any particular issue with the flares?

Also, in reguards to there actually being 3 models we have to chose from, Envoy, TB and TB ext, I'm willing to contribute an additional $50 to assist in making the needed molds or what not for the other two models besides mine.

Lets get em made and get to cutting, I mean trimming...

And seriously, I have to put in Mr to complete the name question?? :shoot:
Diacom
Addict

by angryninjaduck » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

So, you've identified that the Envoy and Trailblazer need different flares, where do the other Trailblazer/Envoy based vehicles fit into this? I've got an '04 Isuzu Ascender, based on car-part.com's interchange it looks like they used the Envoy fenders. Would love to get a set just want to make sure I sign up for the right one.

Thanks

Michael
angryninjaduck
Cruiser

Name: Michael
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370

by Karo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Some good and interesting points here but also many Blabla
@Bushwacker
I'm happy that you have found a possible way to make some Fender Flares for our Trailvoys! Tire coverage is the only Way for me and many others to go with bigger (wider) tires/rims and being street legal! Hopefully it is possible to get the 250 groupbuy members together. Could you post the amount of members that have taken already the Survey? Maybe you could place a counter on your website for that.. Just an idea.
That maybe pushs some members to take the Chance.

Regards Karsten
Karo
Trail-Blazer

Name: Karsten

by Mudwheelin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 pm

:Iagree: It would be really nice to see where were at with this.
Markmc 2.5 lift, 2"Markmc body lift. Markmc 1.5 spacers, 33" Dynapro MT's, exhaust, EMT cams, CAI, Chipped, Light Bar. T.L. Guards
Build Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2349
Mudwheelin
Trail-Blazer

Name: Christian
Vehicle Year: 2007

by DJones » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 pm

angryninjaduck wrote:So, you've identified that the Envoy and Trailblazer need different flares, where do the other Trailblazer/Envoy based vehicles fit into this? I've got an '04 Isuzu Ascender, based on car-part.com's interchange it looks like they used the Envoy fenders. Would love to get a set just want to make sure I sign up for the right one.

You'll most likely need to remove the trim around the fender and trim the bumpers. That's the only real difference between yours and a Envoy.

Diacom wrote:Couple of issues I see with the survey...

Your asking about stud length, where as we are concerned about spacer width... i.e. 1.3" or 1.5". This makes more sense as the stud size for us really doesn't matter.

You also ask about back spacing but did not bother with offset, was this intentional or did this just not play into any particular issue with the flares?

Also, in reguards to there actually being 3 models we have to chose from, Envoy, TB and TB ext, I'm willing to contribute an additional $50 to assist in making the needed molds or what not for the other two models besides mine.

:hissyfit: Quit complaining and be happy that we may actually have an option.
David
DJones
Trail-Blazer

Name: David

by Blackout » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:20 am

I'll hop on this once I get my tires this weekend
Blackout
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian

by Diacom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 am

DJones wrote:
angryninjaduck wrote:So, you've identified that the Envoy and Trailblazer need different flares, where do the other Trailblazer/Envoy based vehicles fit into this? I've got an '04 Isuzu Ascender, based on car-part.com's interchange it looks like they used the Envoy fenders. Would love to get a set just want to make sure I sign up for the right one.

You'll most likely need to remove the trim around the fender and trim the bumpers. That's the only real difference between yours and a Envoy.

Diacom wrote:Couple of issues I see with the survey...

:hissyfit: Quit complaining and be happy that we may actually have an option.

Yup, that's complaining...

More like trying to get relevant information rather than having them take down information that will make no difference.

Though the last part about having to put in a Mr. or Mrs. as the case may be, is just a waste. I like many others on this site work for a living. :angry whip:
Diacom
Addict

by bushwacker_inc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:10 pm

re: Isuzu Ascender fitment

CAD data from Isuzu is going to be tough to get to know for sure at this point. If the Envoy side of the Group Buy goes through we could do a test fit with a finished product, given that we can find an Ascender locally.

re: backspacing/offset

Our engineering department is looking for info regarding backspacing only. Its more of a gauge to see what people are using. We want to make this flare perfect for the vast majority of you.

re: survey update

We'll provide some conclusive results next week, not everyone uses the forums on a daily basis. I can say that we have room for improvement. Trailblazer to Envoy survey submissions are 25:1.

re: aftermarket front/rear bumpers

We'll work this into the design if at all possible. We're making the flare for you guys... at one-time-only huge discount pricing. All requests are on the table at this point.
bushwacker_inc
Cruiser

Name: Bushwacker

by JamesDub » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 pm

re: aftermarket front/rear bumpers

We'll work this into the design if at all possible. We're making the flare for you guys... at one-time-only huge discount pricing. All requests are on the table at this point.[/quote]

I have cut the rear of the front wheelwells and have the aftermarket bumper . I'd love some of these flares as every time a popo is behind me I say the "please dont pull me over for my tires being too wide " prayer .

Heres some pics ...

The DubMobile is getting a makeover !
JamesDub

Name: James

by JamesDub » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 pm

And is this for front AND rear flares or just front ?
The DubMobile is getting a makeover !
JamesDub

Name: James

PreviousNext

Return to Bushwacker Inc.