Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Daily thread type deal.

Tell us what you'd like to see! Plus... site information, faqs, rules, announcements, etc.
Forum rules
The forum-wide rules can be found here: http://www.offroadtb.com/about/site-rules

by That1Guy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Just curios to see how you guys would feel about this. Its a section on a couple forums Im on, but essentially its a different thread for the seven days of the week used for keeping clutter out of good threads. We all have noticed that alot of threads on here get de railed and off topic.

On one of the forums Im on its hidden unless you are a member and signed in, and its an anything goes type deal. On another one its not hidden and is still very fun. Its just a suggestion that I think could help keep the normal threads on topic while giving us a place to have our random discussions, make fun of eachother, have a place to go when you have a quick question that doesnt need a whole thread devoted to and what not.

Post what you guys think and maybe this will work out. we might not have a huge member base, but I believe that this would help out a little bit in the sence we arent just a place to come when you need help with your truck but you can also shoot the breeze with like-minded folks.
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Is this like that "Reailty Trailvoy Redux" thread?
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=21196

If we did something like this, it would not be "anything" goes. But we could create a "chat" thread. At least there'd be a place for those "this place is dead today" posts.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by teebes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Do you guys like those chat boxes some forums feature? It does require folks to be online simultaneously, however it does avoid a nonsense thread always being at the top of 'active topics'.
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Philberto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:19 pm

How about a "shoutout" box instead? kinda like chatterbox, so there's always something up there for people to respond to...
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by That1Guy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:31 pm

JamesDowning wrote:Is this like that "Reailty Trailvoy Redux" thread?
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=21196

If we did something like this, it would not be "anything" goes. But we could create a "chat" thread. At least there'd be a place for those "this place is dead today" posts.

yeah, I think something like that would be best, I dont think that one of the chatbox things would work, because I know that often I have random questions that need answers and am not about to start a new thread just for those. It would enable/ encourage people to talk and ask questions and if noone else is on you could wait for an answer instead of having to have another person online at the same time. The dedicated thread or subforum would also be better for people like me who are mainly on at night and noone else is.
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

That1Guy
Addict

by That1Guy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 pm

teebes wrote:Do you guys like those chat boxes some forums feature? It does require folks to be online simultaneously, however it does avoid a nonsense thread always being at the top of 'active topics'.

Another reason a dedicated possible subforum for randomness would be good is you can make it a member only thing and it wont show at the top of active topics. Just my 0.02.

That1Guy
Addict

by teebes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 pm

NickNorie wrote:
teebes wrote:Do you guys like those chat boxes some forums feature? It does require folks to be online simultaneously, however it does avoid a nonsense thread always being at the top of 'active topics'.

Another reason a dedicated possible subforum for randomness would be good is you can make it a member only thing and it wont show at the top of active topics. Just my 0.02.

Except it will still show when a user is logged in.. Hmmm :coffee:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Trail X » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Anyone else have an opinion as to the usage of a thread of this type?

I'll make a sticky thread for this in the general section as a trial... if it catches on, we may keep it.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

Return to Suggestions / News / Rules / Questions