Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Spontaneous Logout

Tell us what you'd like to see! Plus... site information, faqs, rules, announcements, etc.
Forum rules
The forum-wide rules can be found here: http://www.offroadtb.com/about/site-rules

by EwingJK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:03 am

I am constantly being logged out, even while reading or replying to a post. Several of my replys have just vanished, even though I've viewed them after submitting the post. However, I don't get disconnected from the site, just logged out. I'll log back in, then in a few minutes or so, I'm logged out again. This is evident because all of the post indicators are turned off and the Login menu is visible. Any clue as to why this is happening?
EwingJK
Cruiser

Name: John Ewing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 am

It sounds like a cookies issue. What browser are you using? IE, Firefox?

Can you go into your browser options (normally under Tools > options) and check to ensure that it is set to accept cookies and that it is set to delete the cookies only once they expire?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by EwingJK » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 am

That could be the problem, except that I log in automatically when I open the web site. As far as cookies, my computer is controlled by the Administrator and they block cookies. I will try with a different computer that isn't blocked. I don't think it's a cookie issue though because it happens during mid-session. This doesn't happen with any other web site. Hopefully it's one of those "electronic phenomena" that well take care of itself. Until then I'll just have to put up with it.

I'm using IE 7.0, which I haven't had any problems with. I've had Foxfire before, but didn't care for it.

Thanks
EwingJK
Cruiser

Name: John Ewing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:38 am

I haven't heard of anyone with this issue lately, but we did have an issue like this when we originally set up the beta version.

Try using a different computer if you can to see if the issue exists there too. If not, it may be your browser settings.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by teebes » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Do you know what kind of connection you are using, or your ISP? Do you switch from a wired to wireless connection frequently?

As your browser session is linked to your IP address, it sounds like you're being logged out during the session/security check that happens behind the scenes.

I encounter this quite a bit as I bounce around different networks at work all day long.

I'll try to look into the logs a bit more when I have a chance :coffee:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002

Return to Suggestions / News / Rules / Questions