Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Donating to OffroadTB.com

Tell us what you'd like to see! Plus... site information, faqs, rules, announcements, etc.
Forum rules
The forum-wide rules can be found here: http://www.offroadtb.com/about/site-rules

by Trail X » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

After much deliberation, we have given in to your demands. ;)

You will find a "Donate" button at the very bottom of the main index page of the forum. It looks like this (but is a clickable link):

We will use these donations not only to help pay for site hosting and domain registration... but to bring better functionality to this site, through website development, future site growth (maybe even product reviews!), ortb decals, and more fun stuff like giveaways for contests. This donation fund will help us provide a better service to the community by allowing us to draw in part from it instead of pulling from our own personal funds.

We promise to try and use the donations in the best method to invest back into the ORTB community as a whole.

If you donate, you will not receive any special public recognition on this forum. We do not want to make anyone feel as less of a member for not donating. There shouldn't be any reason to donate, unless you've found this site helpful and you wish to give back to the community. Even if you've found this site helpful, please do not feel any pressure to donate!

There are no minimum or preset donation amounts.

If you do donate, please know that we (meaning me, the ORTB team, and the greater ORTB community) appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts.

:safari:
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by v7guy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am

I've had no luck using the button. Won't accept my log in and then says I haven't selected a dollar amount. I've tried, but it's a no go.

I can sign into paypal, but I'm not positive of the address to send it to... offroadtb.com?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 am

Hey Jason. Sorry you're having trouble with the donation system. I have received a few donations so far, so I know it is working.

The alternate method would be to manually send your donation to admin @ offroadtb.com through paypal.
Trail X
Founder

by v7guy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am

that seemed to work.
Thanks James. Hope it helps out.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by navigator » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I had problems my first time but I was missing the "update total" button.
When I entered my amount, clicked the update total button it then let me enter my paypal info.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by Trail X » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 pm

With ORTB officially becoming 3 years old today, I want to thank you guys for helping this community grow into such an excellent resource. When someone on the street stops to ask about where they can get a lift for their trailblazer, or where they can get a steel bumper made, I am very proud to direct them to the offroadtb.com website. This community is what it is because of you guys, the membership. Those of you that read and absorb the knowledge - then turn around and assist the new guys with that same knowledge - that's what makes this site go around.

With that said, this site does not have ads, and it never will. This site is supported by donations from me and from the membership. I pledge to use any excess beyond site hosting fees towards site improvements, maintenance, or other community investments. So if you have found this site useful, please feel no obligation to donate, but consider it. Small amounts are helpful and any amount will benefit the community.

If you have any suggestions for site improvements, as always, please let me (or any other admin/mod) know. I hope we can continue to push this site forward.
Trail X
Founder

by navigator » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:36 pm

thanks for the reminder JD.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
here
My Build Thread
navigator

by TangoBravo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Yes that also reminds me.
Scouts Out, Carbon County Search and Rescue/Carbon County volunteer firefighter.

Ams oil products bumper to bumper, Treadwright Guard Dogs, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift 1.5" spacers, swaybar trashcan mod, quad headlight mod
TangoBravo
Addict

Name: Robert

by Trail X » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I appreciate the donations guys.

I'm also sorry I didn't hold a picture challenge this year. The anniversary kinda took me by surprise, been a bit busy these past weeks. I'll see if we can't get something else set up soon.
Trail X
Founder

by navigator » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:03 am

I just reminded myself that I hadn't donated in awhile. I figure others might have forgotten as well.
Let me know if you do not see anything from me.
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Return to Suggestions / News / Rules / Questions