Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Another OBW

Discussion on how to enjoy the outdoors.

by Saxis » Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Just getting things ordered after doing a couple weeks of research and planning. Here's what I'm looking at so far...

SHURflo Aqua King Mini 1.0 12v pump, 1.0 GPM, self-priming, run dry, automatic 30 PSI switch. $55

SHURflo Twist-on Strainer 1/2"

1/2" ID Reinforced Clear PVC tube for inlet, 1/4" ID Reinforced Clear PVC tube for outlet, with fittings.

Liquid Dispenser Tap

No tank yet, but I'm looking at a special order from plastic-mart.com for about $120. I'll also need to pick up the wiring and a toggle switch to turn the pump off when not in use. I'm guessing the entire project will run about $250 with all the hardware for mounting. I'm hoping the plastic beer dispenser is able to hold up to the PSI of the pump. It should, as there are some beers/kegs that run in the 20-30 PSI range.
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

Name: Jesse
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Looks good. So the idea is needing no electronics to control the pump operation? Open the nozzle, release pressure, and the pump turns on?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Saxis » Wed May 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Exactly. A bit worried about the nozzle getting pushed/stuck open accidentally, but I'll place the switch in close proximity and keep in turned off when not in use. According to reviews, this pump primes quickly and up to 5 vertical feet, and also makes just enough noise that it would be obvious if it were dumping water inside the vehicle. I probably won't be looking at more than 10ft of combined inlet/outlet hose. Still planning on around a 10gal tank tucked up in the spare tire location.
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

Name: Jesse
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Camping / Survival