Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

survival weapons and mounting

Discussion on how to enjoy the outdoors.

by 06MidnightBlue » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am

My baby...

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g23gen4

She's fitted with a rail mounted light
06MidnightBlue
Addict

Name: Jeff
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by scottp8113 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm

I never could shoot a glock worth a darn, so my xd40 has always been the go to gun. Once my range/store opens up, I'll have a place to go and cheaper access to ammo though, so perhaps I can up my glock skill level...
scottp8113

Name: Scott

by Damurphy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

A Glock 9mm fits nicely between the driver seat and center console in sblackhawk holster. Make sure you have a permit to carry though. I'm in law enforcement so I have the proper creds to carry. Found a roof mounted gun rack that fits and bolts to the roof of the tb in the back seat area. No pics however as I have not installed it in mine. Plan to though once I start my build. Plan to store 12 ga and hunting rifle or m4. 9mm is sugguestion for those that are looking for a unverisal round. I carry a .40 cal because it is issued and has more stopping power. Still a Glock 17 is a great weapon. Blackhawks holsters also make it easy to mount their items into a vehicle with a couple of screws. Pls review your states guns and carrying laws. Don't want anyone getting into trouble for not carrying a weapon correctly. Your state law enforcing agency will have the laws for your reading
Damurphy

Name: David
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by 06MidnightBlue » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Luckily, I'm getting into LE myself here in California.

What state are you in? What's your policies?
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by Damurphy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm in SC. Here a LEO can just about carry anywhere in the vehicle. On use it has to be concealed. Must have Creds and cuffs.
My agency is pretty strict and we have adhere polices on and off. Non Leo's must carry in a console unloaded. Good luck out there and be safe
Damurphy

by 06MidnightBlue » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Damurphy wrote:I'm in SC. Here a LEO can just about carry anywhere in the vehicle. On use it has to be concealed. Must have Creds and cuffs.
My agency is pretty strict and we have adhere polices on and off. Non Leo's must carry in a console unloaded. Good luck out there and be safe

Here it depends solely on agency policy. The agency I'm applying for allows the carry of almost any weapon, as long as you qualify with it and have your badge.

What's your policy on ammunition type? We can't carry anything beyond hollow point.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by Damurphy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 am

Dept issues us ammo. Ranger hollow points .40 cal. We can only use that in service weapon. I can carry a personal gun as long as I quail with it. Must carry hollow points.

Got alot of guys carry personals off duty. I carry my service off duty. Mo need to get into something and the statues take my personal gun. Won't every get it back :flex:
Damurphy

by 06MidnightBlue » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 am

I like your policies better. Lol. California is so stupid with their laws sometimes.
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by Damurphy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah they're pretty laid back. My dept requires I carry my Creds at a times. If I have to carry them I not carrying without my weapon.

What your plans with your tb? Setting mine up for camping, hunting, and offroad. Looking for a roof basket, any suggestions? Already order lift, new struts and shocks. Doing overall tune up too.
Damurphy

by chris914 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 am

I have a small company with a buddy of mine where we make kydex holsters. We have been looking to do something that will fit in the CD holder slot in the console for a bit. We both carry a Glock 19 on a daily basis so that is going to be the test bed. Similar sized pistols should also fit. I will do some testing with various things as we go.

My thoughts are that you may not be able to always take your blaster with you when you go in places (think court house, police station, business marked as such) legally. So why not just be able to unholster and put it in the console? It would also be the thing for longer drives for some. I will post up some pics once we get it done. Should be relatively soon.

If anyone has a blaster that you need a holster for let me know.
chris914

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by fishsticks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm

chris914 wrote:I have a small company with a buddy of mine where we make kydex holsters. We have been looking to do something that will fit in the CD holder slot in the console for a bit. We both carry a Glock 19 on a daily basis so that is going to be the test bed. Similar sized pistols should also fit. I will do some testing with various things as we go.

My thoughts are that you may not be able to always take your blaster with you when you go in places (think court house, police station, business marked as such) legally. So why not just be able to unholster and put it in the console? It would also be the thing for longer drives for some. I will post up some pics once we get it done. Should be relatively soon.

My 19 and I are listening intently.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by scottp8113 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 pm

If someone made us a locking console lid, my XD would perk its ears up too.
scottp8113

Name: Scott

by Conner299 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Along with my Sig SP2022.
I DON'T care what my GMT360 was designed to do, I care about what it can do!
Conner299
Addict

Name: Ed
Vehicle Year: 2005

by 06MidnightBlue » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:43 pm

chris914 wrote:I have a small company with a buddy of mine where we make kydex holsters. We have been looking to do something that will fit in the CD holder slot in the console for a bit. We both carry a Glock 19 on a daily basis so that is going to be the test bed. Similar sized pistols should also fit. I will do some testing with various things as we go.

Hey hey...be fair and make one for the 23. Lol
06MidnightBlue
Addict

by chris914 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Guys I will try to get this done and pictures posted in the next week of so. I am working on our son's first Christmas so this item has the back seat at the moment.
chris914

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by TexTrail » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 pm

This may be out of left field but surplus firearms make great survival and truck guns. Cheap, affective and ammo is cheap. The two that come to mind are mosin nagant chopped to 16.5" and lighten as much as possible. Ammo is 440 rounds for $99-$129. For roughly $220 you could have ample ammo and a short handy rifle that is a great under the seat rifle. I bought mine for $75 and did just that. I don't fully understand why but the kick is reduced significantly when shortened and lightened. Chopping it down is free and you only need a basic front sight and a welder. You can salvage the original front sight base if you are handy with and hack saw and a round file roughly the same diameter as the barrel. Or go something more basic like I did. The other smaller option is the nagant revolver. They have surplus ammo available now making it really inexpensive to own just buy all you will ever want up front. They are unique good functioning guns. I don't have one but my buddy does and loves it. I want one but my wife would kill me if I bought another gun at the moment. All in all $220 either way you get a decent RELIABLE firearm that if stolen isn't that big of a monetary loss. That's not me shooting it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355889047.015083.jpg
TexTrail

Name: Matt
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Conner299 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 am

Speaking of the Mosin Nagant, there is a company called center balanced rifles that has some great products to turn the Mosin into a bull-pup. And theyre pretty easy on the budget as well. I have been trying how to figure out how to embed links into my posts, but havent yet. Figured out how to do it for you tube videos. Anywho... They can be found at http://www.cpbrs.com. They're worth a look.

I DON'T care what my GMT360 was designed to do, I care about what it can do!
Conner299
Addict

Name: Ed
Vehicle Year: 2005

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 am

I have a sporterized M44 that is fun.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by dvanbramer88 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 am

My 1937 91/30 is bone stock but it's really nice. I want to find the cheapest, most beat up 91/30 I can find and chop it and sporterize it. Fun to shoot and the 54R is no joke.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by fishsticks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 am

TexTrail wrote:I don't fully understand why but the kick is reduced significantly when shortened and lightened.

Shorter barrel means more of the energy of the powder is wasted out the muzzle of the gun, rather than accelerating the bullet.

I have a buddy who did a shortened 8mm Mauser.

I don't think I ever posted it in here, but I ultimately found/bought a 10/22 Takedown, which spends 100% of its time in the back of the truck now. The pack that comes with it holds 4 25 round mags in one exterior pouch and has two other good sized pouches where other things can be stored (med supplies, cordage, fire starting stuff, MORE ammo etc) as well as MOLLE straps on the front.

As a SURVIVAL option, (remember, small game is the key in survival mode) it's an excellent package.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

PreviousNext

Return to Camping / Survival